Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi Suite Error code 12052

Registered Member
springbreeze42

Ovi Suite Error code 12052

Hello! I've been trying to resoft my Nokia N73 using the Ovi Suite. Everything works fine in the beginning, but then I get an error telling me that there was a problem with Nokia Suite and that I should reinstall the program and retry. Also, it gives me the error code 12052. I've tried reinstalling the program, and I still get the same error. Also, I have uninstalled both Ovi suite and the USB Drivers, as well as the Nokia Driver. I am using Windows XP SP2.

Thank you in advance!

Please use plain text.
dbillington61

Re: Ovi Suite Error code 12052

I am getting the same code when I try to update my X6 (three network) having selected mass storage rather than PC suite

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
springbreeze42

I've got the same error, no matter which mode I use....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iReza

me 2 i have an E71 latest version of nokia suite on win 7
Please use plain text.
Employee
taza99

Hi all,

It is sad that you people are facing this problem.

We would like to investigate your problem further, and for this we would log files from your side.

Please report your error on the link http://tiny.cc/ja40z. and follow the instructions in section 12 to collect the log files and submit it.

Thank you for your contributions,

Best regards,

taza99

Nokia Suite Team.

Please use plain text.
Brucepallmighty

I have recently brought a N8 and too was plagued with 12052 error on Firmware Update. However, tonight I have managed to update Firmware through Nokia Suite and while I am typing this the phone is currently installing 'Symbian Anna' update. YAHOOO!!!

On research I found 12052 has server communication errors which can indicate MALWARE. I run my Malware scanner by IOBIT (Free download from through www.download.com and is very good . Direct link http://download.cnet.com/IObit-Malware-Fighter/3000-8022_4-10967594.html?tag=mncol;1) to which the quick & deep scan . . . . . . . .( ANNA Is now installed, now installing Map update with enhanced navigation, social & symbian anna service pack). . . . . . found a total of 89 problems. I quarantined and deleted these and then tried Firmware Update, well, you now know the result (see 'install complete' screen shot attachment)

Hope it works for you, would appreciate feedback. Good Luck. . . .

Please use plain text.
Employee
taza99

Hi all,

Thank you all for submitting the error reports.

This problem has been reported and is currently under investigation.

Thank you all for your contributions and efforts.

Best regards,

taza99

Nokia Suite Team.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dalseao

I tried what you mentioned in your post. My scans came back clean and I was still unable to update my Nokia 5800. At least it worked for you.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
springbreeze42

Maybe the problem is that I am using a router? Unfortunately, my ISP company won't give me access to my own router, so I can't forward ports or anything
-,-'
Hope it gets fixed xD
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gabrielmister

The solution is to switch off firewall, then it works.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Eury

(windows7)
*I had disabled firewall *didn't work
*I executed Nokia Suite as a Administrator *worked!
*Also ran a mall ware/virus-scan as another fellow human posted above. I did found a Trojan and a virus.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
thsham

I'm stuck with Error 12052 error on Belle Update.
Please use plain text.
rgoel

I am also stuck with Error 12052 on belle update , i am using Nokia E6. I tried above mentioned steps , but nothing working ..
Please use plain text.
Contributor
thsham

[ Edited ]

I have a N8. Nothing helps. Could someone tell me the supposed meaning of the error code? Useless information not knowing the meaning.  Makes me wanna trade my N8 for a Xperia S...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AlinNarcis

Me too! have the same problem when i try to update my C3 software :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi,

It is normal that the phone loses connection during the reboot phase.

If you wait for a while it will automatically reconnect to your PC.

If you lose connection during the backup, installation or restore phase, please do the following:

1. Disconnect the USB cable from your phone

2. Press your phone’s power button for about 10 seconds

3. Reconnect the USB cable

4. Wait for the installation to continue

Note: If this doesn’t solve your issues, try to connect your phone to another USB port on your laptop or to a USB port on the backside of your desktop PC. In some cases rebooting the computer also helps or using another PC to do the update.

Please reply the result!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Apodida

I got this error trying to install Belle on an N8. I got the phone only yesterday. I installed Nokia Suite 3.3.86 and all went well until the phone rebooted.

Then, I got an XP Driver install for "Nokia USB ROM" and this failed to find the "necessary software".  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kunal2387

while updating got error code on nokia suite while my cell c5-03 was showing test screen mode. i closed nokia suite , removed usb from cell and turned it off. now when i am trying to turn it on it on it on vibrate. I think my cell is dead. please help
Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

do you have original windows install or its it the pirated version. Windows means you have bought the real cd with the entire literature and only you possess the code to it.
Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Apodida

malange007 wrote:
do you have original windows install or its it the pirated version. Windows means you have bought the real cd with the entire literature and only you possess the code to it.

I don't know if you were referring to me. I bought my N8 from a colleague at work. It came with the original packaging, but there was no CD. The packaging was just large enough to accomodate a CD, but the "Quick Start" document made no mention of a CD.

I expected a CD, as installation that way typically installs all the necessary drivers, so you don't get the Windows driver install mechanism when you first connect the phone via USB.

Please use plain text.