Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi Suite Installer Hangs on Windows XP SP3

WM2Symbian

Ovi Suite Installer Hangs on Windows XP SP3

Hi,

I'm getting really frustrated trying to Install the Ovi Suite Installer 2.2.0.241 on my Thinkpad T400. I still have about 8G free, but the installer hangs at about 50%. I have tried to install numerous times, with and without restarting the machine., but get the same unsuccessful results. For now I have to do with the Nokia PC Suite which was successfully installed, but I really look forward to using the OVI.

I just purchased a Nokia N97 mini after having spent 5 years on Windows Mobile due to hardward and software issues. I hope I did not make another mistake by moving back to Symbian! Even when I cancel the installation, it still hangs. Help please.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Re: Ovi Suite Installer Hangs on Windows XP SP3

Try this;
Uninstall everything with the name of "Nokia" in control panel. Clean Windows registry (CCleaner) reboot, try to install.
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
satari

[ Edited ]

HI WM2Symbian

I am not sure whether this will solve your problem but if have not followed this can try it once.

1. Uninstall Ovi Suite, PC Connectivity solution and Nokia Connectivity cable drivers from Add/remove
2. Delete the files from here:
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Nokia\Ovi Suite
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Nokia
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\OviInstallerCache
3. Restart your PC
4. Download and Install latest OviSuite http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/nokia-ovi-suite

Please THANK me by clicking on the ****WHITE STAR** ( Giving KUDOS) the big GREEN BOX to your LEFT .
It will help me to serve you better !!!!!
Thanking You
Please use plain text.
WM2Symbian

kinda **bleep** workaround, but it worked!! Thanks!

.. now on to the more exciting part :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.