Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Suite/ PC Suite USB Connection Problem

Contributor
kyoko4eva

Ovi Suite/ PC Suite USB Connection Problem

I had  problem connecting the phone through USB selecting either PC Suite mode and Media Transfer mode, (the phone will display the USB logo beside the battery status for a few seconds if i select the modes mentioned above, then the logo will go missing as if no USB connection, can't browse the files through Windows Explorer and the Ovi Suite didn't detect the phone)

however i can connect through Mass Storage mode and browse the mass storage and also view images in Image Transfer mode

P.S. previously it is working normal, but today it started to act like that

may i know what is the problem?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have the same problem with the new Ovi Suite and my Nokia E75. OS is Vista 32.bit. However the bluetooth connection is working.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Diwa

Hi Kyoko4eva,

Could you be more specific about your issue.

-Which model phone do you use, Which operating system do u use and which firware version do you have in your mobile? (  *#0000# will reveal the details)

-Are you trying to connect thru cable or thru bluetooth? Also which version of OVI suite you use?

-Goto OVI suite -> help -> About nokia OVI suite -> System information. paste the information...

Regards

Regards,
Diwa

If you like my post, kindly acknowlege the same by giving a kudos to me :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kyoko4eva

sorry for late reply

- Nokia X6 16GB firmware 20.0.005

- Connection through cable

Nokia Ovi Suite 2.1.1.1

Ovi Player 2.1.10304.0

Nokia Photos 1.6.434.0

PC Connectivity Solution 10.12.0.0

Connectivity Cable Driver 7.1.28.1

Nokia Ovi Suite Software Updater 2010.12.0.60423

Maps Service API 3.0.38.0

Nokia mPlatform 2.6.86

Ovi Desktop Sync Engine 1.1.0.82

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit Edition, Service Pack 2
Language: English

Detected internet browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 (Default browser)

Detected Bluetooth stacks:
- Microsoft (Version: 5.1.2600, Build: 2180)
- Broadcomm (Version: 5.1.0, Build: 3400)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
satari

[ Edited ]

Hi kyoko4eva

Could you please follow these steps and check?
1. Disconnect your phone from PC if connected.
2 .Open Control Panel and go to ‘Programs and Features’
3. From the list of available programs, choose ‘Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver’
4. Click on the ‘Change’ button on top toolbar.
5. In the setup dialog box that pops up next, choose ‘Repair’ and select ok. Wait for setup to complete.
6. Restart the computer if prompted.
7. Now connect your phone to the PC. Driver installation should complete and PC suite (hopefully) should detect your mobile properly now.

Please THANK me by clicking on the ****WHITE STAR** ( Giving KUDOS) the big GREEN BOX to your LEFT .
It will help me to serve you better !!!!!
Thanking You
Please use plain text.
Nikodemus

[ Edited ]

Hi, I had the same problem, but thank's to the advice from professor satari the problem was solved :smileyhappy:

Your contribution really deserves Kudos :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks satari. Your instructions helped me to repair my X6 connection to Windows XP Home. Though, with the exception that in Control Panel (your step 2) I had to select "Add or Remove Programs" to access the Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver repair.

Kevin

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
miyaki

I had  problem connecting the phone through USB selecting either PC Suite mode and Media Transfer mode, (the phone will display the USB logo beside the battery status for a few seconds if i select the modes mentioned above, then the logo will go missing as if no USB connection, can't browse the files through Windows Explorer and the Ovi Suite didn't detect the phone)

My phone Nokia E5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GadgetFreak

Hey Miyaki,

Try the below steps, it could help you

1. Uninstall all nokia related applications like Ovisuite, pc suite, connectivity cable driver,pc connectivity solutions, nokia software updater etc. from ur PC.
2. Restart your PC
3. Now download and install the recent ovisuite from http://www.ovi.com/suite
4. After installation, disconnect/disable your internet connection (this will make sure that the PC use the drivers which comes with ovisuite and  prevent the PC from downloading any new drivers from internet) and then connect your mobile and wait for drivers and support software installation.
5. After drivers installation you can connect your mobile to ovisuite from ovisuite screen.

Regards

Like my post? Give me a Kudos...... Ur problem solved? Accept my Solution :-)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gokul1987

I couldnt connect my C7 Device to my laptop through ovi suite. but I can connect using media transfer, mass storage. Whenever I try to connect it through ovi siute, device gets disconnected from PC. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Laatmaarzitten

I had the same problem and after follow the 7 steps my problem was solved.
Thanks to Satari
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
N8Bellinzona

I have had the same problem. I wanted to install symbian Belle on my N8 but during the proceeding something got wrong. i have tried again to install but there were a message that the connection with the phone was not possible (when I wanted to connect through nokia suite). After reading this post, I did uninstall all nokia applications (cable, PC....) except the nokia suite that through the software got repaired. Afterwards I just did connect again the cable in the USB (internet was off) and everything got fine and I could install symbian Belle. THANKS. ca

Please use plain text.
Iohannes

Same problem. Essentially, as best I can figure it out, this is a Nokia programming issue. They need to make their devices compatible with legacy platforms. Windows now (just recently) decides to recognize USB-connected devices via the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) but that doesn't work very well on XP (which doesn't really have innate MTP capability; it can only get it from Media Player 10 or newer) and certainly isn't tied in well with the Nokia laptop software that can run on XP.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sudhk

Hi,
i'm using internet through nokia 3110c mobile in my pc. I instaled nokia pc suite. But recently my brother instaled and using samsung mobile n connected through samsung pc suite (kies) in my pc. Nokia pc suite is not working. Un instaled and re instaled nokia pc suite. Even then its not working. Un instaled samsung pc suite too. But no use.. What settings i need to change in my system..?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
farrukhnizam

i have a same problem but with bluetooth it work.

Please use plain text.
urchia1981

having a problem connecting ma 3110c nokia phone to my computer,have tried severally.what can i do next?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vakuuy

I have a problem with using my nokia asha 200 as a modem for browsing on ma syste0
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi vakuuy

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia forum! :Cool:

To use your phone as a modem to connect a compatible PC to web.

1. Install the Nokia Suite to your PC. The latest Nokia Suite includes the compatible drivers.
  2. Connect the data cable and select Connect PC to Web. The confirmation is displayed: Connect PC to web mode activated.
  3. When the necessary Windows software is installed to your PC, accept the installation. If asked, accept the connection as well and the internet browser of your PC will open. 
  4. Check the connection settings (Internet Access Point) from your phone for your PC. Select Web > Options > Settings > General > Access point.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
panchalmanasi

I am using nokia e5. I tried connecting my pc to my mobile's web using usb. Everything is setup but web page doesn't open on pc using my mobile's net. Please help.
Please use plain text.
Insan

My Cell is Nokia C2-00 When i Connect It by using Data cable in Nokia OVI sTORE AFTER 5 SECOND MY CELL IS GETTING RESTART AND I CAN DISCONNECTED FROM Nokia Suite plz help me About That problem

Please use plain text.