Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Suite/PC Suite does not recognize the conn...

Mobile Visionary
satari

Ovi Suite/PC Suite does not recognize the connected phone

Error message: "Ovi Suite/PC Suite does not recognize the connected phone.Ovi Suite/Pc Suite cannot read the required information from the phone.Check that the connected phone is supported by Ovi Suite/PC Suite".

You can try this which can solve your problem.

1. Disconnect your phone from PC if connected.
2 .Open Control Panel and go to ‘Programs and Features’
3. From the list of available programs, choose ‘Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver’
4. Click on the ‘Change’ button on top toolbar. 
5. In the setup dialog box that pops up next, choose ‘Repair’ and select ok. Wait for setup to complete.
6. Restart the computer if prompted.
7. Now connect your phone to the PC. Driver installation should complete and PC/Ovi suite (hopefully) should detect your mobile properly now.

Please THANK me by clicking on the ****WHITE STAR** ( Giving KUDOS) the big GREEN BOX to your LEFT .
It will help me to serve you better !!!!!
Thanking You
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rabogado

Re: Ovi Suite/PC Suite does not recognize the connected phone

After then updated the FW 51 in my nokia5800.
This is not solved in error, the problem persists (I did it in 3 different computer)
Help please, I can not sync my contacts, calendar, calendar ... All!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mikkenzi

well, problem persists with Nokia N8 :smileyhappy:

Stilla haven't found a solution to it... reinstalled Nokia OVi Suite and reconnected phone and repaired the cable but it does not detect it...

HELP!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Essexgirl

Done all that. It still won't work with my 6350.
My laptop sees the phone but the phone doesn't see the computer.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I'm experiencing the same problem with a Nokia 5800

help plz
Please use plain text.
Orly83

My laptop detects the mobile but OVi suite does not detect it.

Before giving it for service I has taken a backup using Nokia Ovi suite. I can see all my 800 contacts

Now after getting my mobile from service, when i connnect my Nokia E5 to my laptop OVI suite is not detecting it at all. The laptop detects it and i can see it appear in my computer.

I have tried all the basic troubleshooting steps.
tried with differemt USB ports -same issue
tried repairing the USB Cable driver in add remove programs - same issue
tried repairing the Nokia Ovi suite software in add remove programs - same issue
tried with different nokia usb data cables - same issue

ISSUE STILL PERSISTS> PLEASE HELP HELP HELP.. i need to sync those 800 contacts back to my mobile urgently
Please use plain text.
Employee
hunchback

Orly83 - I sent you a private message.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
frustratedn12

I'm experiencing the same problem. Please help!!

Have tried reinstalling the connectivity driver and Ovi Suite and other suggestions found on te discussion page and have not been able to rectify the problem with the USB connectivity with PC. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rinatkip

I have the same problem as Orly83 and did everything i could too!

I've gotten my Nokia C7 from the service after they updated it. Now all my data is gone, and although Windows sees the device my Nokia Suite won't recognize the phone. 

Reinstalling the Nokia Suite software and trying to "change" and "repair" the cable driver didn't work.

Help please?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dangersid

Hello sir. whenevevr i am tryin to connect my phone to the nokia si=uite, it says ''Your phone is connected in the non-compatible mode''  please change it to USB.. i have already done that and set it to the NOkia Ovi suite on My C7. need help desperately. want to backup all my contacts.. but it isint recognizing the phone. had my phone even sent to the nokia head office... PLS PLS HELP

Please use plain text.
harveysparky

i had ovi suite on my pc which was working ok but when i tried to upgrade to nokia belle would not recognise the phone code 22,so tried it on the other computer uploaded straight away.might be worth trying if you have another computer.
Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, this has been noticed as well here in Nokia Suite team. We're working on fixing this soon.

Currently, could you try reinstall your Nokia suite?

Check if you have disconnected device during installation.

- Go to Program and Features or Add remove in Control Panel
- Click Nokia Suite
- Click Install

Install also:
- Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver

- PC connectivity Solution

Then restart computer.
- Download and install latest Nokia Suite version from www.nokia.com/nokiasuite

- Restart Computer again
- Connect the device, do not open Nokia Suite and wait for all the driver to be loaded by windows.
- Once done then launch Nokia Suite.
- Check for the issue

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ujjwalc5

hi..i am also suffering same problem with my nokia c5-03..but another information i want share u that when i connect other nokia phone with my pc ,it detect the phone, also recognize in ovi suit or pc suit mode but my c5-03 model not recognize...this problem was faced after my computer c drive formating...i try all of yours suggesion but still problem was there..plz plz plz help me out......

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Omarbooyaka

Hi admin, 
I tried this method but still Pc Suite does not recognize my phone. I tried connecting both nokia 5800 and nokia 500, but still the problem. I want to update my Nokia 500 to Symbian Belle but this Suite is not recognizing my phone PLEASE HELP! 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

[ Edited ]

Omarbooyaka,

Welcome to the forum! You should use Nokia Suite to update your device to Belle. If still the same, please go to control panel > printer and devices > right click the phone icon > remove the device. Then try to connet again. Also try all the steps provided by 

Hope this helps!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Omarbooyaka

Hi Jampe,
Problem solved!!
Thanks a lot
Please use plain text.
1onn

[ Edited ]

For me, it doesn't work at all. For 18 months I keep sending to you error reports, I am sick of not getting any answer and not finding any WORKING solution. I also write here: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Cseries/C7-Ovi-Suite-problem/m-p/1475126#M35303 and, surprise (!), no answer for ONE YEAR! I try to instal/uninstall/repair/reinstall/fuсkіngstall all possible drivers and versions of nokia suites in any possible order you want with 1000 pc restarts between them and IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL. What should I do? Should I buy Iphone or Samsung Galaxy? Should I wait the second comming of Jesus Christ?

Please use plain text.
coolhitesh

Yes I was repair the NOKIA Connectivtey in Programe and Fetures now its working...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Noora_sizzling

when m opening my nokia store in my mob - c7 nokia ... Its not opening rather its saying blocked by firewall .... What does it mean ????? how to solve this prob ?????? :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@Noora_sizzling how is this related to Nokia Suite? Please, provide the error message word-for-word.

Please use plain text.