Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi Suite and N900

Contributor

Ovi Suite and N900

I've just received the new N900 (ordered few months ago), and I've tried to use Ovi Suite instead then Nokia Suite. I've downloaded the version 2.0 but it tells me N900 is a device not supported.

Now I'm going to download the old Nokia suite and try with it, but does anybody have an idea if OVI Suite will be avalable for N900 in the future?

Thanks

Sergio

Italy

Please use plain text.
Employee

Re: Ovi Suite and N900

I am sure Ovi Suite will be supporting N900 in near future. There have been so many complains and questions related to this in different forums and boards... I think we should now start placing bets about "when" instead about "if". 
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I really want it for my N900...PLEASE Nokia!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

its ridiculous that there isn't support on release in the first place! There really should be working software on release. there shouldn't be a bet going on!

Maps is back to version 1.0 without any form of spoken navigation. Its like the powerfull n900 only took a step back in the past.

Im wondering how many phones nokia still has to release before they finnaly get it! not only make descent phones! make sure people can use it to the fullest!

And forgodsake try to keep up with the itunes Appstore and make some contracts with great software programmers. instead of the poor 20 apps that there are now!

Message Edited by sygys22 on 18-Jan-2010 08:26 AM
Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi, yes truth is, that Nokia Ovi Suite doesn't yet work with Nokia N900 and Nokia PC Suite works only partly with Nokia N900.

We in Nokia Ovi Suite team are currently working together with Maemo organization, so that needed enablers will be implemented into Maemo SW platform, so that Nokia Ovi Suite can be made working with Nokia N900. 

So work is ongoing, unfortunately I can't yet give any definitive answer, when Nokia N900 will work with Nokia Ovi Suite. 

Cheers, Samuli from Nokia Ovi Suite team

Please use plain text.

Nokia, this is absolutely appalling. A care manufacturer wouldn't release a vehicle until all its engine components were ready. You can't release hardware until the associated software and ecosystem are ready. Hurry up!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Samuli,

Thank you for the updateon OVI and the N900.  Where should one look for updates on this issue?

Thank you,

Jerry

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi pentacon, obviously this will take time. You'll probably see more information about this, when this is happening, for Nokia Betalabs and from Nokia Discussions web site.

Cheers, Samuli

Please use plain text.
Sage
Suyogmh

@Samuli, I was really surprised to see OVI suite just doesn't support N900, even PC Suite doesn't support fully.

So overall Nokia right now doesnt have any PC software for N900 which works with all features , thats really bad.

and we never hear anything about Linux version also.

This is really bad :smileysad: My all joy of using N900 is turning into disappointment.

Best Regards,
Suyog
Please use plain text.
Advisor

This is really really annoying that there's no possibilty to fully synchronise the N900 with my PC. I want to write and synchronise text messages - NOW! =(
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Does "NOKIA" have any time frame for compatibilities with PC for OVI Suite, Navigation, etc. I have my N900 for a couple of weeks now and it has limited use, the least to say.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

My opinion on it guys. Ovi Suite will never work with Nokia N900.  THis phone was mentioned around august/september 09 somebody correct me if I am wrong.  We are now mid February and no clear sign heading into March.  If they had a clue it would have worked upon release of the phone.  Obviously OVI was released and they knew about the upcoming release of the N900 and could not pull it together.  Why?  It just aint gonna work with Maemo. 

Please use plain text.
jpthomas

I am a brand loyal and used only NOKIA mobile phones in last 10years. But now I decided this will be my last NOKIA phone. I have a more serious problem to share with you. I traveled to another country last week and have taken a pre paid connection. While trying to add credit to my account by the operator provided number *123*#, it gave me error. First I fought with the shop keeper for not giving me a valid coupon; Later only I found my new phone (NOKIA N900), the latest phone NOKIA realized to beat iPhone don’t have the basic phone functions and it won’t support * or # in the dialing pad. Can anyone expect this from NOKIA. This phone is also not compatible with my car kit (USD 550 for replacing that) and I still will not get voice navigation. So guys, please be careful before buying NOKIA phones

Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

[ Edited ]

@jpthomas,

If i m not wrong, latest firmware of n900 will(is having already for few region)  hav this feature of dialling * or # from dialling pad

If my post helped you, click on Kudos button :smileyvery-happy: and if my solution provided is opt 2 u, accpt my solution :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dheruer

I've had the N900 for a couple of weeks now.

Some functions are very nice to have.. Otherwise, i'm also missing basic functions/support.

No mms.. Come on guys :smileyfrustrated:

No portrait mode texting/keyboard lay out, always have to send a text using 2 hands.

And now.. Ovi clearly says to support the N900, but can't get them paired if i'd held a gun to the phone's head :smileyhappy: Trying to install software, often fails.. And then suddenly: It does work!

It's getting to be a tiresome phone instead of a sleek fast tool for every day life.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

ovi really works with n900 is that what he just said

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Ovi suite still doesn't work with N900. bravo...

Please use plain text.
MilanO

omg Nokia..when are u going to release a working OVI suite for my N900 ...plz hurry.ty

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deant

yes, come on nokia, this is getting really bad that the n900 doesnt have mms capability (which surely could be fixed very easily with a hardware upgrade) and the whole ovi/nokia suite not working 100% with the phone???? ridiculus!

also, is there any way of viewing wap sites? i cant get the vodafone wap to work on the n900 and the gprs connection is just not good enough to get content such as latest football scores without having to wait 5 mins to load each page???!!! GRRRRR! 

Please respond to this message nokia staff as it is driving me crazyyyyyy.....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marcokkk

This is why Apple kicks **bleep** ... I was stupid inuff  to buy the N900 ,i was thinking about the Iphone a pitty that i did not buy one,now im stuck with this "piece of **bleep**" its just ridicules,the biggest phone maker in the world cant make a phone that suports its own softwhare .....thats not a little mistake thats just plain stupid .i would fire evere one involved in making this **bleep**up.

Please use plain text.