Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi Suite does not sync all text (sms) messages

Registered Member
eng_pj

Ovi Suite does not sync all text (sms) messages

I am using Ovi Suite 2.2.1.23 to sync text messages with my Nokia E51.

I realised that Ovi Suite is not syncing all my text messages, e.g. if there are 10 messages in chronological order, Ovi Suite will sync the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 8th, 9th and 10th messages.

The 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th messages will not be sync regardless of what I do (restarting computer, restarting Ovi Suite). Ovi Suite will just indicated that "Message Synced. No message updated"

Does anyone encounter similar problem before?

How do I solve such problem?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Maephisto666

Re: Ovi Suite does not sync all text (sms) messages

I have the same problem.

I don't know why but from the last release, not all the text messages are synchronized.

I need a function to force the copy from mobile to Nokia Ovi Suite. Even if i manually move the messages from device to nokia ovi suite, these messages are ignored.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
acbusekist

I have a similar problem, and it seems, that if the message is a "animated SMS" it will not synchronize, which makes no sense at all. Does anybody know a work-around for this (apart from converting the "animated SMS" to a regular SMS)

Please use plain text.
SandPit

I just sent a reply to an sms using OVI, clicked send but is does not appear in my sent messages or the conversation thread? The message was sent because the person I sent it to has replied.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
talledodiego

Have the same problem here!!

Probably a bug??

Have somebody found a solution?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sjorgensen

I have same problem with my E75. Sometimes it syncs all messages sometimes it syncs none. I have seen no pattern at all.

Please use plain text.
Tan2

me tooo! same problem. I'm using the latest version of ovi suite (3.0.0.284) and my phone is Nokia 5310 XpressMusic. Please help :smileysad:

Thanks

Please use plain text.
EsaH

I have same problem with E70 and 5800.

I have 2 PC's.  Ovi Suite sync works well on older one with WXP, but has been failing few weeks on the other with W7 64.

Please use plain text.
Snorlaxx

I've got the same thing with my Nokia C7. Ovi Suite doesn't sync the mms's on my phone, sometimes refuses to sync some messages. I don't get it.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the exact same problem.  Swear by Nokia's and have had my X6 for about a year ut evry time I upgrade the software it causes more and more problems.

It has Never synched ANY of my mms texts and indiscriminently chooses which texts to synch (very very few of them ever do).  Plus the contacts don't retain the correct info either.  what a huge pain in the **bleep**, does ANYONE have Any solutions????  I'm currenlty using Ovi Suite v 3.0.0.209

Please use plain text.