Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Suite keeps losing connection with N8 duri...

chris_goulding
Accepted Solution

Ovi Suite keeps losing connection with N8 during update

Hi been trying to update my phone all day and everytime I try Ovi suite tells me it has lost connection with device. I have un installed and re installed Ovi Suite but still no good.

Please help.

Chris

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MadiKat

Re: Ovi Suite keeps losing connection with N8 during update

Hey Chris, I'm sorry concerning your plight. I'm suffering from the exact same problem here and judging from what I saw concerning this topic, the admins are not even attempting to respond to it on any thread whatsoever .

Hopefully some1 will come to our rescue

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Babadog

I have been having exactly the same problem for the most recent update, the update downloaded and everytime it started to do the install on the phone Ovi Suite kept disconnecting the phone. I followed this procedure and have been able to install the update.

1. Disconnect your phone from PC if connected.
2 .Open Control Panel and go to ‘Programs and Features’
3. From the list of available programs, choose ‘Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver’
4. Click on the ‘Change’ button on top toolbar.
5. In the setup dialog box that pops up next, choose ‘Repair’ and select ok. Wait for setup to complete.
6. Restart the computer if prompted.

7. Now connect your phone to the PC. Carry out the update, hopefully the usb connection will stay this time.

Please use plain text.
oantihacko

I'm still having the same exact problem. Just followed the steps above as well. Computer didnt prompt me for restart but I did it anyway. I'm using an e72 with the latest Ovi Suite version (3.1.1.85). Hope a solution comes out soon.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Its quite normal for the phone to switch OFF and ON on its own during the Firmware update... When it is switched OFF, it will obviously lose connection with the PC.. So wait (for about 2-3 minutes..) and see for the phone to get switched ON and re-connected... Do not disconnect the phone physically as doing so at a critical stage may lead to a Dead phone...

BTW if you read the instructions at the start of the update process.. it clearly informs to ignore all messages that pop-up during the process...

If what you people are facing is something else then it may be good to report the issue to Nokia or wait for other solutions from other users..

Please use plain text.
NEOc

hi, im having a very simular issue and its driving me crazy, makes me wonder WHY in gods name i chose to get a NOKIA!!!!!

my issue has been happening for months, i can use my phone as a modem, and access all websites fine, no problems, BUT, as soon as i get a phone softeware update......i click install, after downloading so many MB's, the dman thing just disconnects from the internet for no reason, THEN i get an error messaging saying "update failed" -------> AND ITS THERE FLIPPEN FAULT FOR HAVING **bleep** SOFTWARE THAT DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!

the thing is, the people at nokia, sit there eating there rich tea's, playing bingo, and one of them comes up with some idea, then they think "oh yes - lets release it" but they never actually think it through properly of how it will work, how it will affect devices, computers, OS's, etc, they just make it and release it and HOPE it works.....if it was done properly in the first place, there would be NO problems.

iv been using nokia handsets for years, and EVERYONE of them, had connection issues, my nokia n95 8gb has the same, it wouldnt connected to usb at all after a while, so just trashed it.

the silly thing is, its nokia that create these problems, but they never find a solution for them, the only people who want to fix it, and normally do (then nokia take all the credit for it) is the hackers. (me)

they cant say its drivers, or "uninstall your nokia suite and install the latest" bla bla bla, coz all my software is upto date, they just say that to you to avoid answering the question coz they dont have a clue how to fix it. its idiots working for idiots.

sure, there phones LOOK nice, but they are lacking in ALOT of area, for example, EVERYTHING on the market now, is being made and released for android and iphone, nothing is being made or updated for symbian, in the software market, symbain is like the lowest of the low

and nokia dont care, its us that made nokia what they are today, the customers, its our hard earned cash thats paid for there **bleep** phones, that they waste on pointless software development and phones that dont work, the ONLY nokia phone i had many years ago that worked with NO problems at all, was my old nokia 3330......basic but it worked.

the only solution iv got for solving this update connection crash, is take a hammer, lay your phone down on a flat surface, and smash it to hell, then, go buy a decent phone that works they way its MEANT to.

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi all, do you have Nokia Suite 3.3.86 installed? Can you reproduce these problems still?

Samuli

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
niteshsingh

same problem still i have tried more than 100 times please help..
Please use plain text.
thsham

Same problem. Noone has an answer to this or the stupid errorcode. This is ridiculous. Soon, I crush my phone and buy something that works

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

It is normal that the phone loses connection during the reboot phase.

If you wait for a while it will automatically reconnect to your PC.

If you lose connection during the backup, installation or restore phase, please do the following:

1. Disconnect the USB cable from your phone

2. Press your phone’s power button for about 10 seconds

3. Reconnect the USB cable

4. Wait for the installation to continue

Note: If this doesn’t solve your issues, try to connect your phone to another USB port on your laptop or to a USB port on the backside of your desktop PC. In some cases rebooting the computer also helps or using another PC to do the update.

Please reply the result!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
hmmmmm

copying & pasting those "troubleshooting" steps from nokia suite will help no one, and

only backs up NEOc's claim.

you nokia people simply dont care, and as much as i like (liked) nokia,

i must agree with NEOc

im getting a droid.

Please use plain text.
gisam811

Me too facing the same problem, but when i connect the usb on normal speed port its worked fine. its keep lost connection when i connect to 3.0 speed port. my pc got 4 usb port 2 port 3.0 and another 2 port is normal port. 2.0  try it ur self, connect to another port, good luck.. sorry my bad english. :thumbsup:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
skull_awe

hello frnd hope you are fine,
well i was also facing the same prob with nokia suite but when i just changed the usb port its works perfectly... try another usb port on your PC or system..... hope this will help you....
regards
sameer.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sarawrstar

magovoru

Thank you this worked for me :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Massehullah

Thanks for the nice solution. it really worked for my Nokia 2710c-2 having the same problem of losing connection.

Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

The different USB port tact stopped my Windows 8 machine from crashing, and allowed the update, thanks
6210, 6310i, N70, E90, N8
I've seen* the iPhone4/4S, iPad2, Moto RAZR and SIII for a few minutes - all very good. Lumia 820 (WP8) is a fantastic piece of work.

Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. RIP, giant.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
213julius

@Babadog Had the same problem but did the repair on the 'Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver' and now my update is complete. Thanks man!

Please use plain text.