Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi Suite

Registered Member
sanjeevh

Ovi Suite

I am unable to run the  new version of Nokia Ovi Suite i.e.3.2.100 on my OPC which has a WIndows XP OS. As soon as I run the installed software, it says that repair is required. I have repaired it many times, but the problem still persists. Kindly advice.

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

[ Edited ]

The Nokia Suite and Windows XP should work properly.

Could you check, If you have a separate  Nokia Software Updater application in use,  download the latest Nokia SW Updater and install.

Then:
-Go to Program and Features or Add remove in Control Panel
- Click Install Nokia Ovi Suite
- Uninstall Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver
- And Uninstall PC connectivity Solution

Then restart computer.

- Download and install latest Nokia Ovi Suite

- Restart Computer again
- Connect the device, do not open Nokia Suite and wait for all the driver to be loaded by windows.
- Once done then launch Nokia Ovi Suite.

Best Regards,

Marina

Nokia Suite team

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
devil58

can we (Linux Users) get PC Suite for linux?? 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hillsrob

Hi Marina,

I followed your instructions above but it still doesn't work. Once again Nokia Suite insists on trying to repair itself. It then gets stuck 3/4 way through the progress bar. What should I do now? Incidently I am runnig Windows XP Media Center edition. Ovi Suite worked ok until I accepted the update to Noika Suite. I see in an other post that other users running Media Center have the same issue.
Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi hillsrob,

Sorry I didn't noticed that you have this Media center edition XP.

Please, go to this thread to fix this installation problem: /t5/Nokia-Suite/Nokia-Suite-3-2-100-installation-problem/td-p/1208369/page/2

Message 22 has the fix to your problem.

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.