Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi and PC Suite do not recognise X6

Advisor
Jennifer_Claire

Ovi and PC Suite do not recognise X6

I have an X6 and when I try to sync it with PC Suite and Ovi, they either do not recognise the device, or cannot detect that it is connected.  

I have reinstalled all the software from the Nokia site, reset the phone (soft and hard) and it still doesn't work.

I have been reading a lot of comments and it seems that if you have this handset with O2, then neither of these applications will work.  

O2 say that the handset is fine and it is an issue with Nokia.  Nokia have told me to do all the things as above.

At a bit of a loss now!  Have 3 days in which to reject phone.  Shame as I really like it!

Anyone else having the same problem?  Any ideas anyone??????

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jennifer_Claire

Re: Ovi and PC Suite do not recognise X6

I finally got a reply from Nokia and..........SUCCESS at last.........

I AM SO HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!!   :smileyhappy:  :smileyhappy:  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
gmonag

I have the same problem. What is the solution????!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
carlow1

Well, I happy for you. Please, can you help who has the same problem? What's the solution?

Thank you so much

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajendra1205a

Ovi do not recognize X6

I had purchase X6 2days back only

I am not able to configure my device with Ovi

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Re: Ovi do not recognize X6

I find sometimes that Ovi Suite doesn't pick up the phone (I'm using an N96, but my brother's X6 had the same issue), I reboot the phone and then Ovi Suite does see it.

If not, there could be something wrong with PC Connectivity Solution which is a common componenbt of PC and Ovi Suite wich manages the connections between phone and PC. FInd this in the PC's control panel and try a repair on it.

Please use plain text.
gmonag

I found that the problem was using a USB hub to connect the X6. When I used a USB socket on the back of the computer all worked correctly.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
argonflame24

I have the same problem and it's about to get on my nerves >"< cant stand it anymore :smileysad:

Anyone please suggest a solution for me fast please :smileysad:(

Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

Hey,

Hav u chcked this one?

/t5/Nokia-Ovi-Suite/OVI-Suite-2-2-0-245-problem-recognizing-Nokia-device/m-p/719958#M4079

If my post helped you, click on Kudos button :smileyvery-happy: and if my solution provided is opt 2 u, accpt my solution :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
x6_problem

i'm also having an x6 and am also having the same problem. Neither the pc suite or the ovi suite detects the phone.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kriz06

Here you can try to do this workaround:

1. Click Start
2. Click Control Panel
3. Click Programs and Features or Add/remove Programs
4. Choose Nokia Nokia Cable Connectivity then Change and repair
5. Do the same for PC Connectivity Solution - Change then repair
6. Reboot computer
7. Try to connect the phone again.

Cheers

kriz :smileyhappy:

"If you want to win friends, make it a point to remember them. If you remember my name, you pay me a subtle compliment; you indicate that I have made an impression on you. Remember my name and you add to my feeling of importance."
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
invalidAlias

Applications like Ovi suite should be smooth and hassle free. I'm very much disappointed!!!!!!!

I never had any problems with similar apps from SE.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bluemoby75

[ Edited ]

Thought I'd dig up an old thread. I tried several (unsuccesfully) to download the lastest software for the X6 (i.e Latest software release for Nokia X6-00 is 31.0.004, maps, performance etc) yesterday using a computer with XP. Apparently it was either not compatible with my phone, although Nokias own website said it WAS available for my phone, or Ovi Suite didn't recognise the phone conncted to it???????? I tried all the things in thethread and others but to no avail.

After work i had another go with my own computer with Windows 7 and it downloaded and installed it 1st time around. Go figure!

Please use plain text.