Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Ovi suit not for N9?

Counsellor
Immortal25

Ovi suit not for N9?

That's what it told me, but Pc suite can connect to N9 just fine! Anyways it asked me to install Nokia Link and use that instead but I can't as it's only for Windows 7 and I'm using XP. So how am I going to backup my N9 to the pc??? Luckily I had the Pc suite from my older nokia phone which is now spoilt. But just want some clarification, why is the older PC suite able to support the N9 and why can't the Ovi suite? And why is Nokia Link just for Win7?

Thanks guy.

Employee

Re: Ovi suit not for N9?

Hi Immortal25, Nokia Suite doesn't support Nokia N9. PC software for Nokia N9 is Nokia Link. You can download it from http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-link

Latest version of Nokia Link supports now also Windows XP and Windows Vista.

Cheers, Samuli

Counsellor
Immortal25

Thanks Samuli. It was just 2-3 weeks ago that I downloaded and it wasn't supported. Glad it does now. Will try it out.

Counsellor
Immortal25

Well, I've just installed Nokia Link and unfortunately, am quite disappointed! It's the same as if I just connected the phone via usb mass storage! It's just about copying files from pc to phone and vice versa. It doesn't have the features like Pc Suite or Ovi Suite...where you can read messages, download apps etc etc. Can someone enlighten me? Is that it for Nokia Link or did I miss something? 

And since I'm on the subject on pc support software for my N9, is it possible to backup the phone as in all the settings that I like and also the way the icon appears on the menu? I normally change them to my liking but unfortunately, after backup, reformat and restore, all settings went back to default. It's very annoying, and I find that the backup just BACKs UP the files like pics, music and movies. Not much use if I can already do that part of the backup via mass storage mode. 

So that's why I was hoping for more from Nokia Link. Am very surprised at the simplistic GUI.