Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi suite and Mozilla products release

francios

Ovi suite and Mozilla products release

Hi,

Last Nokia suite [3.3.86] permits contact synchronisation with Thunderbird up to version 9.

Unfortunatelly [lightning issue solved with TdB 10], I must use Tdb 10

And Nokia suite can't no more synchronize contacts...

Same kind of issue with Firefox : RSS and links were synchronised with Firefox up to version 9, and it's no more possible with firefox 10 ...

Q: is there any way to use last Mozilla products with Nokia suite ?

[I'm open to any tweak , even a beta release of Nokia suite]

Regards,

<this is not only a friday troll>

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ilcongia

I guess not, it's all the evening that I am trying to solve the issue, but seems there is no way.

I guess that it's only a matter of waiting.

Ciao,

Any update is welcome.

Keep knocking.

francios wrote:

Hi,

Last Nokia suite [3.3.86] permits contact synchronisation with Thunderbird up to version 9.

Unfortunatelly [lightning issue solved with TdB 10], I must use Tdb 10

And Nokia suite can't no more synchronize contacts...

Same kind of issue with Firefox : RSS and links were synchronised with Firefox up to version 9, and it's no more possible with firefox 10 ...

Q: is there any way to use last Mozilla products with Nokia suite ?

[I'm open to any tweak , even a beta release of Nokia suite]

Regards,

Marco

Please use plain text.
Employee
taza99

Hi all,

Yes it is true that Nokia Suite is not very up to date with all Mozilla products. The reason behind is quick development of supported plugins, which are used by Mozilla products to enable them working with Nokia Suite. These new plugins are available only when new Nokia Suite Beta version or commecial release is made.

If you want to remain updated, it is better to install only Nokia Suite available on BetaLabs. As  BetaLabs releases are more frequent as compared to commecial Nokia Suite available on this site.

This issue is also discussed on this BetaLabs thread http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-suite-3-3-beta-for-windows/bugreport/46751/sync-with-mozilla-th...

Thanks,

Best regards,

taza99

Nokia Suite Team.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ilcongia

Yes, is it working the actual beta version?

additionally.....when is it supposed to be released the new nokia ovi suite officially?

Marco

Please use plain text.
francios

taza99 wrote:

<...>If you want to remain updated, it is better to install only Nokia Suite available on BetaLabs. As  BetaLabs releases are more frequent as compared to commercial Nokia Suite available on this site

Why not...

Any idea about a new Beta Nokia Suite available ?

Thanks and regards

Please use plain text.