Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Ovi suite sync messages from PC to Phone

Registered Member
banzq
Accepted Solution

Ovi suite sync messages from PC to Phone

Hello, I accidently deleted all my messages from my phone and I have not made a backup file of my messages in ovi suite, but I have synced all the messages, so all the messages are on ovi suite message catogory. Can I sync the messages back to my phone anyway? It would be important to me to get the messages back to my phone. And is there a way to get my synced messages and phonebook to another computer?

Please use plain text.
Employee

I think you can drag and drop messages from message view to your mobile Inbox. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

you can rag & drop the message but that will remove message header format i.e. last name comes first & first name will come last & also the message details like the no. of the sender also gets removed from the details only the sender name will be there but this causes a problem when a sender has more then 1 no. so plz check this thing & post the results so that we can help you more on this thing.
If you like my post then Plz click on Green Star on left side to add Kudos

Also, if you find my this post suitable to answer then plz click on "Add to Solution" tab on right
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi, I currently have the same problem.

Do I understand it correctly that there is no way of syncing messages in the opposite direction, from the Ovi Suite Messages database to the phone, without losing the details such a the name of the sender?

Is there a way to repopulate these details once the messages are back on the phone using the contacts directory stored on the phone?

Alternatively is there any way of undoing a phone restore as that was what caused the problem in the first place!

Regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Direct sync in opposite direction (PC to Phone) not possible.. but Drag and Drop is.. and I do not have problems doing that way..Drop the messages in the respective Folder under 'Messages in (... your phone model..) and not directly to the phone icon..Looking at the icon next to the message you will know if its Sent (Up Arrow) or Received (Down Arrow)..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nna1990

i actually still don get it on how to drag the messages out from my PC to my phone. I am having difficulties doing that. please help. thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks a bunch Farby, your post was verrry Helpful. The Up and Down arrow tip was the missing piece of the puzzle. Thanks once again.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You are Welcome..

Please use plain text.
hirenpatelcr

[ Edited ]

@vinay....hey brother.... thank u ...your answer is helped me and i m very very happy today after getting my massages back in device....

star added...

Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

Thanks Hiren..

Good to see that my solution has helped some members in this board & community
If you like my post then Plz click on Green Star on left side to add Kudos

Also, if you find my this post suitable to answer then plz click on "Add to Solution" tab on right
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
regu

very thanks.... i i had the same pbm... now i've cuured...!:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sprj07

thank you thank you...it saved my day! :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bifou

Excellent Thanks

Please use plain text.
abcd15

where do you find the sync messages in your computer.?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You should be able to see the SYNCED messages in the Nokia Suite. The destination file should be 

c:/users/<user name>/AppData/Local/Nokia/Nokia Suite (or OVI Suite)/Mesages/Database ...msg_db.sqlite

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Abdullah786

It is realy rabish ... i have 22,500 messages ... its take long time ... nokia Should do something for sync between PC and Phone ... I request to nokia Software manager to solve this problem ... its a voice of billion user of Nokia Phone..  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bhushanplayboy

my msgs from my device 5800 suddenly got deleted Thrice..dont know what Happend and I lost my 10000+ msgs :smileysad:  I Have the sync msgs in the nokia suite ...I tried copy msgs to respective folders..but only some 300 msgs got copied from 5000+ msgs and copying stop each time I do that What To do now ?? 

Please use plain text.