Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Please Wait While Windows Configures OVIMPlatform

xristos_metal

Please Wait While Windows Configures OVIMPlatform

[ Edited ]

Hello and happy New Year to everyone. My problem as you read in the subject is common. Can someone tell me exactly what to do to remove this thing? I cannot install/uninstall anything.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
asagyebaf

Re: Please Wait While Windows Configures OVIMPlatform

I had the same problem on my Windows 7 64Bit computer.

There is a hidden folder, C:\ProgramData\Nokia\ which contains the source install and uninstall files for the Ovi Suite.

I wasn't sure at first so I just deleted the whole Nokia folder and the problem was no more. I was able to unistall Ovi Suite with "MyUninstaller" which i found on a Hiren's BootCD.

You can then download and install a new one from the Nokia website. I haven't done that yet, but hopefully I should be alright. I had the older version of Ovi Suite.

Hope it helps... Good luck.

Please use plain text.
mich803

Re: Please Wait While Windows Configures OVIMPlatform

I purchased a Nokia N8 instead of a Windows platform phone.  But now I also have the same issue with this darn OVIMPlatform.

I used the "delete folder" suggestion but now I cannot remove the rest of OVI from my computer.

Should have known after all the issues I had with the last Nokia Communicator and very, very little support from Nokia that their software and phones are not of the quality or calibre they use to be.  That's what they get for starting to outsource production to CHINA.  VERY, VERY poor support from Nokia.

The N8 is definitely going back to Rogers and be exchanged for a Samsung Focus.

Nokia has known about this problem since August of 2010 and has not posted any fixes at all!  Pretty darn shabby. 

Sorry Nokia, you have just lost another customer!

Please use plain text.