Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problem installing ovi suite on my pc

mdsidzz155

Problem installing ovi suite on my pc

Hi every1, Im unable to instal nokiasuite on my pc, im using xp2 home edition ver 2002, i tried all versions of nokiasuite ver 3.2.100.0 / 3.2.86.0 / 3.3.89.0 all in vain coz wen ever i double click set up file it says problem with the installation file, i tried to download many times same files frm nokia websites n softpedia but the problem is same, i check digital signature properties its showing the certificate in signature cannot be verified. Plz help n advice at earliest why im facing this problem

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Problem installing ovi suite on my pc

Confirm the Compatibility over here (Especially the Service Pack version..).

Also try disabling Firewalls / AntiVirus on your PC and give a try to the latest Beta v 3.3.92 from here . You need to sign-in using the same credentials that you use on this Forum to download the installer...

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi mdsidzz155,

If it doesn't help you could check the Intermediate CA certificates the following:

1) Please go here: http://www.verisign.com/support/verisign-intermediate-ca/code-signing-intermediate/index.html to update your Intermediate CA certificates.

2) You will see 2 boxes with garbled text - one primary and one secondary.

3) Please copy and paste the text each into a text file using a text editor such as notepad. Then save those files with a .cer extension.

4) Then import those certs into Windows by right clicking on those .cer files and selecting Install Certificate from the menu.

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Even I'm facing same problem as mdsidzz155.

I tried all versions of Nokia suite ver 3.2.100.0 / 3.2.86.0 / 3.3.89.0

I have also tried to import the certificates as suggested by magovoru, but did no help.

I did tried disabling firewalls/anti-virus as well.

I have been trying to find solution for this problem various forums, but didnt help.

Please help me with this serious problem.

Please use plain text.
RobinO

Trying to update Nokia Suite using s/w from website (Nokia_Suite_webinstaller_ALL.exe).

Message: "The older version of Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver cannot be removed. Contact you technical support group".

You are my technical support group!!!

Cannot complete install and cannot use existing version!

Tried tools mentioned on website: Nokia PC Suite Cleaner & CCleaner but can't get rid of error message.

Even tried clearing folders in C:/Program Files/Nokia to no avail.

Tried removing cable driver entry in Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs, which fails to find the cable driver .MSI file.

How do I recover as synching between phone and PC is business critical!!!!

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi RobinO,

When getting this error first thing to try is to run repair for your CURRENT installation. To do that you have to go to add/remove programs and double click Nokia Suite icon. If repair succeeds then try upgrading again.

Microsoft has replaced their cleanup utility with Microsoft Fix It. In most cases it can fix corrupted installation files/registry entries. Try this if repair in previous step didn't help.

You can download Microsoft Fix It here: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.