Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problem with updating Ovi Suite

Contributor
Draakon
Accepted Solution

Problem with updating Ovi Suite

I have run into problem with updating the Nokia Ovi Suite.

If I click "Software updates" from Tools menu in Nokia Ovi Suite, it shows my current software version as 2.1.1.1 and notifies that there is an update available. It shows 17MB as the size of update. But when I click "Install" it seems to get stuck in an endless loop. At first it shows downloading progress as 1-17 MB / 17MB (until first number reaches 17MB), but after that it displays nonsense like 65532MB / 17MB and keeps going. I have let it run until there was almost 2 GB file (Nokia_Ovi_Suite_Software_Updater_2_4_8_41976.msi) in my temp directory. It doesn't seems right.

Reinstalling the Nokia Ovi Suite doesn't resolve the issue. Its driving me mad -

any help really appreciated.

Operation System: Windows Vista SP2 (with latest updates) 32-bit

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bobdoggg

Same problem: 

Nokia Ovi Suite 2.1.1.1

Ovi Player 2.1.10304.0

PC Connectivity Solution 10.6.2.0

Connectivity Cable Driver 7.1.27.0

Nokia Ovi Suite Software Updater 2010.6.0.60359

Maps Service API 3.0.38.0

Nokia mPlatform 2.6.86

Ovi Desktop Sync Engine 1.1.0.82

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Edition
Language: English

Detected internet browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3

Detected Bluetooth stacks:
- Microsoft (Version: 6.1.7600, Build: 16385)

Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

Hey,

Whn i chckd in Win 7 32 bit, it said it found an update for NOS and whn i tried it successfully got updated, but when chckd version info it still says as 2.1.1.1? So it a minor update for existing version :smileysurprised: ?

If my post helped you, click on Kudos button :smileyvery-happy: and if my solution provided is opt 2 u, accpt my solution :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
TheSniperEyes

I have the same problem. For all Nokia applications. For example. I´m updating the Nokia software updater. It just downloads unlimited amount of mb and does not stop. Or just looses connection. Same for updating my Nokia phone with software updater or Ovi suite (Nokia N73 ME, Nokia X6-16GB). I have Windows 7 64-Bit with newest Nokia software. When I go to my neighbor and update my phone it works fine (Windows 7 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-Bit). It seems like it´s not the OS bug. There is something more to it. I did notice some forums before, where people complained about the same problem/bug. I have optical Internet, Wi-Fi connection via modem. And it´s fast. I´m getting crazy about this bug. So annoying.
Please use plain text.
P0ldy

hey guys,

got the same problem here. nos is downloading the update files forever with no result except of filling up my temp folder!

tried it on various systems (i.e. XP sp3, win7 32) and connections (lan, wlan, modem) nothing changes, all the same, downloading til nevermore. reinstalling or repairing did not do the trick either.

anyone got a solution to this?

have a good'n

poldy

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jerry18

Hi guys,

same problem here. One more comment: when I chancel updating I got error message from Microsoft Visual C++ : Runtime error  and over it than I got message from Win7 that Nokia Service Layer Host Process stop working.

Any answer from Nokia?

Best regards

Jerry

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Danieloz

I have exactly the same problem. Does anybody have a solution for this?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Draakon

[ Edited ]

Jerry18 wrote:

One more comment: when I chancel updating I got error message from Microsoft Visual C++ : Runtime error  and over it than I got message from Win7 that Nokia Service Layer Host Process stop working.

Aye, I forgot to mention that. I'm getting the same crash message when I cancel updating process and have to restart the Ovi Suite to try updating again (otherwise it just keeps telling "Checking for updates...").

Tried updating again today - still the same problem. Before I have used WiFi connection (WPA2-PSK), but this time tried through cat5 cable - no difference there it seems.

Also installed Ovi Suite to my Windows 7 64-bit computer - again the same problem there.

If there is any other information I can provide to help tracking down the issue, let me know.  Bobdoggg gave a lot of information about installed applications/drivers on his computer - is there some tool to gather such report or did you do it manually?

Please use plain text.
P0ldy

same here. tried it occasionally throughout the day, with different connections and different OS but still the same error. strange that only a handful of ppl seem to have that problem. cause otherwise this post must be flooded. guess nokia should wake up on that one. gettin lame ...

catch ya guys n will report back!

poldy

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
martinzamazal

Try disable NOD32. It works for me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jerry18

Absolutely correct.It works for me also.

It is enough to turn Web Access Protection in NOD32 off than update process work just fine. After update I turn it on again. Funny is that I was suspecting NOD32 from this, but I didn't find anything in protocols so I start looking elsewhere .

Jerry

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stiangd

Thanks, guys! Temporarily disabling NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.474 web access protection solved my OVI 2.1.1.1 update problem, too! :smileyhappy: This was preventing me from updating my phone, so it was very annoying. If it helps anyone, I'm on Win 7 64-bit. I was running NOD32 on HTTP passive mode, except for svchost, for some reason... I changed svchost to passive mode now, as ESET says it may "improve compatibility". We'll see next time I try to update, I guess...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maverick1

Hi Guys

I also have the same problem. i run Win 7 64-bit. I also use Nod32. i tried turning Web Acess off but the problem with Ovi persists. Any other ideas?

Nokia N86 8MP and Nokia N82 + 2Gig mem card+Sennheiser HD465 headset - Nokia adapter
New addition: Nokia Bluetooth Headset
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Draakon

Disabling Web Access Protection in NOD32 indeed did the trick! Thank you a lot :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
P0ldy

hey guys,

same here! web access protection off and updating NOS was as easy as it was before. just wondering why NOD 32 did this with only that release. ran several updates before the new one and had NOD 32 active.

strange things do happen sometimes!

thx anyways

poldy

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hello

We have found out that the NOD32 PC antivirus application contains a feature called “Web protection” which blocks the Nokia Ovi Suite from being upgraded correctly.

The problem is visible if you have this feature enabled while the Nokia Ovi Suite is updated to the latest version. The NOD32 blocks the download. We have informed ESET to make necessary actions.

To go around the issue do the following:

Disable web protection procedure temporarely:

1. Start NOD32 Antivirus.
  2. Select: ”Setup” and next ”Antivirus and antispyware protection”
  3. Change “Web access protection" status to disable.
  4. Update to the latest version of Nokia Ovi Suite.
  5. Enable the "Web access protection" back again

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Haapis

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abdullahtaha

tnxxxxxxxxx veeeeeeeeeeeeeerrryyy much man

Please use plain text.

Worked! Thank You.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jaco45

I disabled the web on NOD but it still doesnt work on my side.  It keeps giving me error messages saying I have to restart and if needed restart my computer but this does not help at all.  I really dont know what to do anymore. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I solved this problem by uninstalling Nokia PC Suite then everthing worked fine.

Please use plain text.