Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Resetting the data transfer counter in Ovi Suite

Contributor
WP_L

Resetting the data transfer counter in Ovi Suite

Hi all,

I often use Nokia Ovi Suite to connect to the internet with my X6. The Ovi Suite has one helpful but limited feature of notifying users when the data transfer (download) has exceeded a certain limit, such as 10mb, 20mb, 50mb, etc. While I find that extremely useful, as I'm on a limited data plan, it is also confusing/misleading and distracting since I cannot find a way to reset it (my quota resets every month and I believe that is also the case for most people). So every now and then I get this notice that says I have downloaded this much data but it doesn't make sense to me as it is the accumulated amount ever since my first connection. I have tried almost every inch of the program but I can't find anything relevant to this problem. I had a look at the phone data counter but it unfortunately has a different value than the Ovi Suite counter, so I don't think resetting that counter will affect the one in Ovi Suite.

Can someone point it out for me? If there is no such function, can the developers add it in?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Employee
hunchback

Re: Resetting the data transfer counter in Ovi Suite

Thanks for the idea. I'll take it forward. If you are familiar with Windows registry, you can reset the value there.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
annagil

I agree a reset button would be awesome. however "in the registry" is a tad vague, considering the mass of windows register and that, even being familiar with it, Nokia is to be found in dozens of values. What entry in the registry, pray tell? thanks, G
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

I don't know how to reset it but i found this windows gadget very useful- Network Meter. It tells u the amount of data transferred in each session & also the total data transferred.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fucinas

This is solution :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.