Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Save messages from Nokia Ovi Suite

sarche

Save messages from Nokia Ovi Suite

Hi,

I am wondering how I can export the messages in Nokia Ovi Suite as I need to format my computer, but I still want to save all my messages. I have also searched in Update files that might contains the messages data. But can't find it.

Have anyone any idea about it?

Regards

Sarah

Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

Re: Save messages from Nokia Ovi Suite

make a backup of the folders inside the "C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Nokia\Nokia Data Store"
And put them again after installing NOS & after formatting your computer, as only that option can solve your issue.
If you like my post then Plz click on Green Star on left side to add Kudos

Also, if you find my this post suitable to answer then plz click on "Add to Solution" tab on right
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mellowiz

Re: Save messages from Nokia Ovi Suite

Many thanks vinay19882 for the pointer! :smileyhappy:

One correction/a couple of additions. Evidently the path is:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Nokia\Nokia Data Store\DataBase

just replace <user name> with your account on the PC.

While the filename is MDataStore.db3 (it's an SQLite format 3 file).

Backing up that file corresponds to saving all your messages at once. This has been tested on Windows XP SP3 and on a Nokia E51.

Unluckily there's no way to save the messages one-by-one.

Please use plain text.