Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Transferring Photos from Nokia N8 to PC

Counsellor

Transferring Photos from Nokia N8 to PC

Just bought N8 and taken some photos which I now want to transfer to my pc.  Connected N8 to pc and logged on to Novi Suite but the directions for transferring photos from device to pc don't make sense!  Novi suite says:

To copy photos or videos from your device to your photo library, do the following:

1. Select All from the device area in the bottom left corner of the Photos view.

2. Highlight the desired files.

3. Select Tools > Copy to computer. The photos or videos you selected are copied to the group "All" in Nokia Ovi Suite.

Problem - where is this "All" link as there is nothing in the bottom left corner of the photo library so I'm completely stumped.  Also the photos view is showing several thousand photos from my pc but I only want to transfer half a dozen new photos from my phone.  Using PC Suite and my old N82 was great, all I had to do was connect via USB, click on PC Suite and transfer all phone photos to a folder I'd created on a pc so why is this so much trouble with Novi and N8 !!!!!

Any help is appreciated :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
triv75

Re: Transferring Photos from Nokia N8 to PC

Hi, did you ever manage to solve this problem?  I am having the same trouble and can't transfer my pictures from the phone to my PC...

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

Hey,

Instead of that , y dont u sync ur photos with Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0.0.284, it will sync all ur photos from ur device to PC.

If my post helped you, click on Kudos button :smileyvery-happy: and if my solution provided is opt 2 u, accpt my solution :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Employee
atammin

Syncing photos copies all the new pictures and videos from the device to the PC's library automatically, so you might want to give that a try. 

But if you want to manually choose what photos are copied over to PC then

- in lower left side of the application window you should see the picture of the connected device

- above that picture there is a small triangle. Clicking on the triangle should open a small panel (above the phone icon) where you see this "All". 

- Clicking on All, the photos in the device should be shown on the main content area as thumbnails. 

- you can then simply click (keep control button pressed to select multiple) the pictures you want to copy and then choose the menu command Tools > Copy to computer

I hope that helps,

Aki

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Thundermax

And there always the option not to use OVI and simply go to Start > My Computer and 2-click on Nokia N8-00 next to your other drives. From there, you can browse files and directories and upload your pics to PC. Though OVI Suite is OK but rather intricate. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
appledown

I have tried to follow the thread of this discussion and action it.  I found the most useful and almost successful solution looking at the computer "drives" and found the Nokia when I had connected it.  I can see the photos taken on my old phone in the Nokia drive and could copy them to my pc if I wished, but none of the new photos taken with the N8.  I have a folder just with the new ones in as well as part of the All view, but I can't see that new folder named anywhere in the memories?  Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ahxsisu

try connect ur N8 to PC using the big storage/memory mode (whatever it is in English), whereby ur phone will be connect to pc like a flash disk and u can brown the contents and find all your photos in the "image" folder - all that is left is copy..paste...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Missymoo123

I have loaded all the photos from my N8 but I was hoping to also transfer them to my PC. I can do it manually but there are so many of them and they seem not to be stored all in the same place. I was hoping that there was an efficient way of transferring these files from Ovi to my PC. I just need to ensure I capture them all.

Please use plain text.