Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Unable to connect 808 to Nokia Suite via USB

Counsellor

Unable to connect 808 to Nokia Suite via USB

[ Edited ]

Hi..

As the thread topic suggests, I would like to know if the 808 and PC Suite (v7.1.180.94) are compatible please or do I have to use Nokia Suite instead?

Thanks.

*note title (and those of responses) edited by request of original poster.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Unable to connect 808 to Nokia Suite via USB

[ Edited ]

You need to use the Nokia Suite ...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

You can download Nokia suite from the following link:

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/product/nokia-suite/

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Thanks both.

Do Nokia have any plans to support the 808 in PC Suite in the future?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Absolutely marvellous.

[/sarcasm]

Nokia Suite doesn't recognise the 808 properly.  It's telling me that:

The phone is not in PC Suite USB mode.

Nokia Suite could not recognise your phone.  Try disconnecting and re-connecting the USB cable.

Choose the Nokia Suite (or Nokia Ovi Suite or PC Suite) USB mode on your phone if asked.  Make sure that you have not set any other USB mode as the default mode in your phone's USB settings.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Please see this post

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Ok...so i've tried satari's suggestion here:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Suite/Ovi-Suite-PC-Suite-USB-Connection-Problem/m-p/687376#M64...

But still Nokia Suite will not correctly pick up the USB mode of my 808.  This problem does seem fairly common for quite a few people using a number of different handsets.  The one thing that connects all these people and phones is Nokia Suite!

There are NO driver installation failure entries in the event log and there are no alerts in the device manager, even when hidden devices are enabled.  There are no failures listed in the setupapi.dev.log when I connect the phone to my computer.  For all intents and purposes, the 808 appears to install correctly.  There's a portable devices shortcut to the phone in 'Computer' and I can browse the file system without a problem.  The other usb modes appear to work but Nokia Suite still insists on being difficult.

There must be a simple answer to this issue that people are experiencing?!

At the very least, can Nokia please patch PC Suite so people can sync and transfer via USB cable instead of BT or wifi via a third party app or via mass memory mode?

Very annoyed at spending around £450 for a phone that I can't connect to the software which is supposed to be compatible with it!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

What Windows version are you using? Nokia Suite is not compatible with Windows 7 Starter and Media Center editions of Windows.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with SP1 - regularly updated.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Make sure you have the most recent Nokia Suite installed.

When you connect the 808 to your PC you should see windows pop up it's own information on the device and as the device is supported by Windows 7 it should also present the device page in Explorer. See attached image.

You could also attempt to repair the Start>Control panel>Uninstall a program>Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver and right-click change, then repair.

Now remove and re-attach the Nokia 808 Pureview.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I've tried v3.5.34.0 and also v3.6.11 beta and I get the same results with both.

After I connect the phone to the computer when the Nokia Store installation completes, the driver software installation window appears and tells me:

808 Pureview installed

808 Pureview. Ready to use.

I also see a device page that loads but it looks slightly different to the one you posted as highlighted in the screenshot attached.

Plus, as I mentioned above, i've already tried satari's advice which included repairing the connectivity cable driver installation a number of times but Nokia Suite continues to frustrate.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Ran out of ideas so decided to format and reinstall Windows...

The problem remains!

I'm utterly **bleep** off now.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Done it!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@n95_nick

You can utilise PC Suite v7.1.30.9 with 808 as here:

808 PCS

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks aspergerguy...is the 808 fully functioning with that version of PC Suite?

Also, does the N8 work with that version as well please?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@n95_nick

Seems to work satisfactorily for this user but you have to keep ignoring prompts to update to latest version:http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/How-to-use-Nokia-N8-with-PC-Suite-7-...

Earlier versions of PC Suite may be found in this post:http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/How-to-use-Nokia-N8-with-PC-Suite-7-...

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks very much for the help aspergerguy. However, after all my trials and tribulations in getting Nokia Suite working, I think i'm gonna give it a proper test before I switch back to PC Suite. It looks to have improved vastly since I last tried it but it's still extremely bloated. Well over 900mbs for the installation and installer caches which is ridiculous imo.

Thanks again..consider yourself starred! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.