Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unable to register ta_flash_lib.dll & ta_progr...

LostLogic
Accepted Solution

Unable to register ta_flash_lib.dll & ta_programmingdevice_lib.dll during installation

I'm trying to distribute Nokia Suite by SCCM on a corporate network.

Some computers have an issue when installing.

The errors that show up are (MSI Log)

MSI (s) (B8:38) [13:33:32:291]: Executing op: RegSelfReg(File=ta_flash_lib.dll,FileID=ta_flash_lib.dll.D321D6CC_DBBE_4AC3_8DBD_DFF82BB39BDC)

MSI (s) (B8:38) [13:33:32:491]: Transforming table Error.

CustomAction +ta_flash_lib.dll.D321D6CC_DBBE_4AC3_8DBD_DFF82BB39BDC returned actual error code -2147024770 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

If I click ignore, the same issue happens with ta_programmingdevice_lib.dll.

Since this issue only occur on some computers and not all, I would think my custom Transform file for Nokia_Suite.msi is a-ok and the issue lies elsewhere. However, I will try to describe my distribution method as clearly as possible as well as modifications done to the package.

The Nokia Suite exe file was extracted with /U=Nokia

Changes to the transform file with Wise Package Studio 8:

Based on 1044.mst

Added reg key to product:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Nokia\Nokia Suite\{55C272E5-541F-406b-A458-5149CB9715FB}]
"Nos2DownloadAutomatically"="false"

This was added to remove the auto update of the software

Property DESKTOPICON changed from 1 to 0 to remove desktop icon.

The installation sequence in the task sequence is as follow:

Visual C 8

Visual C 9

Visual C 10

Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver

Nokia PC Connectivity Solution

Nokia Suite

The Nokia Suite package is installed with the following command:

msiexec.exe /i Nokia_Suite.msi TRANSFORMS=1044_mod.mst /qb!-

The rest is installed with msiexec.exe /i MSIFILE.msi /qb!-

The target computers are Windows 7 Enterprise with Service Pack 1.

Since the cellphone models are irrelevant to this case, I've opted to not include any spesifics here. But since this is a corporate environment it ranges from Symbian devices to Windows Phone 7.5 devices. All installations have been performed while the cellphone is disconnected from the target computer.

Please advice on some dependencies that migth be missing or a workaround.

Please use plain text.
Employee

Re: Unable to register ta_flash_lib.dll & ta_programmingdevice_lib.dll during installation

Hi LostLogic.

Error code means "the specified module could not be found". Most likely a dependency problem and therefore registering ta_flash_lib.dll fails.

Download dependency walker here and see if it gives any hints: http://www.dependencywalker.com/ (Just drag and drop ta_flash_lib.dll to dependency walker window.)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LostLogics

Re: Unable to register ta_flash_lib.dll & ta_programmingdevice_lib.dll during installation

Thanks for the reply anttih.

I checked with Dependency Walker on both a computer that had a successful install and a computer which failed.

Both reported the only module that had an issue with ta_flash_lib.dll to be IEShims.dll, so I don't think this is the case either.

I tried to manually register the ta_flash_lib.dll on the failed and success computer, and it went well for the latter, but not for the former.

I copied the DLL's from a working computer to a failed and tried to register them (to ensure no file corruption) but I'm getting the same result.

Using the following command: regsvr32 ta_flash_lib.dll & regsvr32 ta_programmingdevice_lib.dll

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LostLogics

It is worth noting that when using the full installer, this issue does not occur on the computers that fail.

Does the Nokia Suite have other requirements but the ones previously mentioned?

Please use plain text.
Employee

[ Edited ]

Are you using our vc100_x86.msi when installing Visual C 10? That's basically the only dependency there is for ta_flash_lib.dll. If you are not using ours then remember to use VC2010 _SP1_ version. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328

You could also check does Event Viewer reveal anything new about the error you are getting. 

It's normal that dependency walker complains about IEShims.dll.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LostLogics

Ah!

I opted to only install the x64 flavors of the Visual C redistributables. After installing the X86 flavors, it installs without issues!

Thanks for the help!

Please use plain text.