Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unable to restore my backed up text messages o...

Contributor
hzoli10

Unable to restore my backed up text messages on Nokia E51

Hello everybody,

I'm confronted with the following problem on my Nokia E51: I reinstall my firmware (220.34.37), but before that I backed up all my important content from my phone (contacts, device settings and applications, messages, calendar and notes, bookmarks and web feeds). After the successful reinstall, I tried to restore all of this content to my phone, and all but the messages were successfully restored. Got the following message from Nokia Suite (3.2.100): 'Restore was finished, but there was a problem with restoring some of your content onto your device. The following content was restored successfully: multimedia messages, emails. The following content was not restored: text messages'.

Has anybody else experienced this kind of problem?

P.S.:

• The following phone related info, that I found on the back off the phone (after removing the front cover and the battery):

Type: RM-244

Model: E51-1

Code: 0558771

Made in Finland

• The following phone related info, that I get after entering *#0000#:

20-10-2008

RM-244

Nokia E51 (237.05)

Thank you for your time,

hzoli10

Please use plain text.
Advisor
silkywords

Re: Unable to restore my backed up text messages on Nokia E51

I am also unable to restore the messages problem from backup file . my v.important messages in this backup. can anyone help.

i did format the memory card. reset of phone from factory settings but unable to restore the message. i have 2-3 backup files but same problem. even i have change the sd card. but same issue occured.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
silkywords

please help....!!!

silkywords wrote:

I am also unable to restore the messages problem from backup file . my v.important messages in this backup. can anyone help.

i did format the memory card. reset of phone from factory settings but unable to restore the message. i have 2-3 backup files but same problem. even i have change the sd card. but same issue occured.

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

have you selected the right .nbu back up file while trying to restore the messages
Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Advisor
silkywords

malange007 wrote:
have you selected the right .nbu back up file while trying to restore the messages

Yes i have select the right .nbu file. even today morning i have update & reinstall the my e51 firmware installation. but same issue. Please help me out my lot of important messages gone away. i want to retrieve.one thing more i observed that i have select the card memory for the messages but when  i  tried to restore the memory automatically changed to the phone memory & nokia pc suit  gives error to restore the  text messages. i had  tried to  change the memory card. but still problem . i have 2-3  different  backup files.

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hello,

This problem is under investigation.

The fix will come most probably in coming release.

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
silkywords

magovoru wrote:

Hello,

This problem is under investigation.

Great !! so till then what can i do ??  i have install the .nbu explorer & there is everything which i required. all message folder. is there anyway to manually retrieve in my sd card .. because nokia pc suit  unable to restore the rest of messages.

give me the solid solution .. my 2 days are gone to trying the things.....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
silkywords

tell me the upcoming release data  ... ? in 2-3 days ?

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

ouch.... sounds bad ... are you telling me that before the upgrade you had card memory selected for messages???
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Advisor
silkywords

malange007 wrote:
ouch.... sounds bad ... are you telling me that before the upgrade you had card memory selected for messages???

yes i have selected the card memory for the messages ... but when i am doing the upgrading the firmware i disconnect the sd card from phone .

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

see your problem is right there. When you upgrade the restore and backup tool makes the backup file from the content that is available on phone as the card is out so there wont be any back up of that.

Even if you had the card in still there is a glitch in nokia suite that when it has to backup things like messages and contacts saved on the memory card it has trouble with it. I had the exact same issue when i was using e71.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
silkywords

malange007 wrote:
see your problem is right there. When you upgrade the restore and backup tool makes the backup file from the content that is available on phone as the card is out so there wont be any back up of that.

Even if you had the card in still there is a glitch in nokia suite that when it has to backup things like messages and contacts saved on the memory card it has trouble with it. I had the exact same issue when i was using e71.
Sorry, there is some confusion..when i make backup e51 then memory card in the phone & everything backedup in the .nbu file.i have explore the .nbu file with the .nbu explorer , so every message which i required is in t he backup file. i wrote that  when i upgrade the phone then my  card is out of phone. but backup restoration time card is in the phone & message memory selected to the memory card.
i have export the all messages in the .txt file but now how can i  import these  text file in the  e51 :smileysad: again thinking on it ... 
Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

honestly speaking if you have recovered the text messages whats the big deal now copy the information on the texts and save it some where on your computer, if your obsessed about keeping it on your phone make a pdf file or word file if your e51 has office installed into it.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
silkywords

malange007 wrote:
honestly speaking if you have recovered the text messages whats the big deal now copy the information on the texts and save it some where on your computer, if your obsessed about keeping it on your phone make a pdf file or word file if your e51 has office installed into it.

yup.. you are rite ... i did it yesterday. but there is 2870 messages .& they are all sorted in folder by category .. then how can i find the required sms in  pdf file or txt  file :smileysad:(  ... & thanks for your concern or keep replying.

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

as far as i know you can make a word search anytime you want.
Please use plain text.