Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Unable to update support software - n97

Contributor

Unable to update support software - n97

Recently been having issues syncing any off my info from my phone, and receiving updates. Having uninstalled and reinstalled the most recent ovi suite I repeatedly receive the message Unable to update support software, I am only able to sync if I enter each area and sync individually.

Anyone have any suggs on hw to overcome?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GadgetFreak

Re: Unable to update support software - n97

Hey Brandyalexander,

for your sync issue, plz read my post in the below provided link

/t5/Nokia-Ovi-Suite/OVI-automatic-sync-not-working-E72/m-p/801367#M6948

and for your support software issue, try repairing your cable drives from your programs and features if Win 7 or Vista else in add or remove programs if Windows XP.

Regards

Regards

Like my post? Give me a Kudos...... Ur problem solved? Accept my Solution :-)
Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

Please check:
Phone time and date is properly set
SIM card in phone
Free memory available in phone's C: drive
Windows Start > Control Panel > Win 7:smileytongue:rogram and Features (Win XP and Vista: Add and  Remove Programs) > Nokia Ovi Suite > Repair

If you have a separate  Nokia Software Updater application in use,  download the latest Nokia SW Updater and install.

Br

Mahyav

Please use plain text.
Contributor

wud doing all of this remove any of the data held on my pc such as messages etc?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GadgetFreak

Hey, dont worry abt tat. you will not loose any of your data if you do wt i have suggested....

Regards

Like my post? Give me a Kudos...... Ur problem solved? Accept my Solution :-)
Please use plain text.
Contributor

i followed what was recommended but I have noticed that all of my messages bar the most recent have disappeared. Anyone know any solutions?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Friend, i installed ovi suit and tried several times with vista and win7 , but failed to update my phone software still running 21 ... ,every time i try , everything goes well and it downloads the required software which is about 120 mb but when it starts installtion , it start saying cable is not connected and similar ..what is the reason ? all other features work fine .but only update gives same message whenever i try/ now i am using win7 .kindly help

MODERATOR'S NOTE: We have edited your post as it contains your e-mail address. For your security, we do not allow posting personal or contact information in the discussion board.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Its normal that the phone switches OFF and ON on its own during Firmware update process. When the phone switches OFF you will get the message that the USB connection is lost... so confirm if message gets displayed even when phone is ON ? If not then just wait for a few minutes and the phone will switch ON on its own and the connection will reestablished to proceed with the installation.

Its a real problem only when you get the message even with the phone ON.So try again...

Please use plain text.