Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Update Nokia C700 device software using Ovi Suite ...

Contributor
Freely

Update Nokia C700 device software using Ovi Suite from 014.002 to 025.007 strange issue to resolve

Hi,

I succeeded to connect to my Nokia C700 Device in Nokia Ovi Suite mode via USB and now when I try to update device software the Ovi Suite notifies that there is some Network Connection Problem while no firewall and network on Windows XP machine works ok.

Screenshots are attached.

Does anybody know what is the problem , how to fix so I can update my Nokia C700 device ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Update Nokia C700 device software using Ovi Suite from 014.002 to 025.007 strange issue to resol

Did you try again after some time ? May be Server problem...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Freely

Re: Update Nokia C700 device software using Ovi Suite from 014.002 to 025.007 strange issue to resol

[ Edited ]

Did you try again after some time ? May be Server problem...

1)

Yes , I tryed already to update later but I get the same error - "Network Connection Error..." in the Ovi Suite when attempting to update device software.

I have stable PPPoE Internet connection.

The Windows Firewall on the machine is on but Nokia Ovi Suite is in firewall exceptions list.The Antivirus is off on the machine.

2)

Now I have another issue. After I restart Nokia Ovi Suite I get a message "An important update for Nokia Ovi Suite has been downloaded ... " with 2 options - install or exit. After I press install I get next error while still connected to Internet as in previous : "Internal error..." 

Screenshot is attached.

I'll appreciate your help to resolve these issues.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try a CLEAN Install of the Nokia Suite. Un-install the existing version..Download latest version from here ..and Install..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Freely

[ Edited ]

Try a CLEAN Install of the Nokia Suite. Un-install the existing version..Download latest version from here ..and Install..

What if I am interested to perform the operations using Nokia Ovi Suite only and not Nokia Suite because of limited ammount of disk space for example ( Nokia Suite requires more disk's space that Nokia Ovi Suite ) ?

I need to update according to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADIj1U2m9z4

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Are you sure ? Both installers are about 90 MBs. Or what you mean is the PC Suite which is about 35 MBs ?

BTW if you want to use OVI Suite then that may not be possible as you will be FORCED to update it to the latest Nokia Suite.(Refer this ...)

Please use plain text.