Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Updating to Nokia Belle via Nokia Suite

Contributor
Lee666
Accepted Solution

Updating to Nokia Belle via Nokia Suite

Having problems with with my nokia suite when i try to update it tells me service is unavailable.....the nokia suite update service is currently unavailable. Please try again later Is any one else having this problem
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hi Lee666,

While trying to update to Nokia Belle with Nokia Suite, I get the error message "Service Unavailable". What should I do?

If you get this error message, please check if your Firewall allows Nokia Suite to connect to the internet. Check for example if you can access our server with your PC browser by trying to load http://nsc.update.nokia.com.

If everything is ok, your Internet Explorer should display a page showing "Error". Mozilla Firefox will show "HTTP 404 – web page can't be found" error message instead.

Note: Also make sure that you have activated the "automatic update" via Tools > Options.

Try this and hope it helps you to update to Belle.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lee666

thanks
Please use plain text.
dario2009

I've tried all this and still get the same problem (with N8). Help please!!

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Could you try reinstall your Nokia suite?

Check if you have disconnected device during installation.

- Go to Program and Features or Add remove in Control Panel
- Click Nokia Suite
- Click Uninstall

UnInstall also:
- Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver

- PC connectivity Solution

Then restart computer.
- Download and install latest beta version of  Nokia Suite version (v 3.4.21) from here ... To download the installer, you need to log-in with the SAME credentials that you use on this Forum..

- Restart Computer again
- Connect the device, do not open Nokia Suite and wait for all the driver to be loaded by windows.
- Once done then launch Nokia Suite.
- Check for the issue

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
F1_fan

Same issue for me with Nokia N8. I've tried all the fixes but nothing works. Been trying to update for months now. Has anyone actually found a working fix? Belle will be out of date by the time I get it !!!
Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

[ Edited ]

Hi F1_fan, few comments:

- first, make sure that you have Nokia Suite 3.3.86 at least installed and in use. You can try to install the latest beta version of Nokia Suite from here ... To download the installer, you need to log-in with the SAME credentials that you use on this Forum.  (you can see version number in top right corner of Nokia Suite)

- check, that Nokia Belle update is available for your product code (you can find list from here: http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-availability

- In Nokia Suite, it's recommended to have Tools -> Options "Automatically download software updates" turned on (this way Nokia Suite downloads update packages in background to your PC, so update experience is smoother)

- Additionally, make sure, that if you have any firewall software in your PC, that Nokia Suite is allowed to connect to internet

- Additionally, you can in Nokia Suite Tools -> Software updates click "Refresh", then Nokia Suite checks for latest information from Nokia's server

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
blakbn

[ Edited ]

thank a lot for the information you gave concerning "Belle update is available for your product code", i'm really great full... but i have a little problem my product code  (059B288)  is not listed..... please what should i do... i'm using Nokia N8

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi blakbn,

If you product code is not listed then probably you have a dark gray device.

You need to visit a Nokia care point. 

You can check your local care point on the following link:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kisslory

in every try i make to upgrade to belle Nk Suite stops when there are 118 mb still to download .:smileysad: can't we just download the belle and try to upgrade after that ? because nokia suite makes a checking to see if we already have a valid version(at least in my case)  :-??

Please use plain text.
F1_fan

I finally got it sorted, and here's how.
I set up a new (temporary) user account in Windows 7. It then worked like a dream. Simples!!!
Please use plain text.