Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

can't install nokia suite 3.3

nadinebashashi

can't install nokia suite 3.3

I've been trying for 3 days to install the 3.3 version of nokia suite to be able to upgrade my c7's software to belle.but:

1. When i try to uninstall nokia suite and download 3.3 it gives me 3.2 again.

2. When i try to upgrade the previous 3.2 it gives me a window with a repair/uninstall screen and then it stays 3.2

3. I have tried downloading 3.3.84 beta but it is also not showing the belle update.

PLEASE HELP! Nothing seems to work

Please use plain text.
Employee

Re: can't install nokia suite 3.3

Hi,
- first make sure, that you delete old Nokia Suite installation packages from your PC's Download folder
- secondly, download Nokia Suite 3.3.86 from www.nokia.com/nokiasuite web page.

Does this help?

Cheers, Samuli
Please use plain text.
nadinebashashi

It did not work. I removed them all from downloads and uninstalled everything that has to do with nokia then downloaded it from this link but am back to version 3.2 :/

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

do a search on Google on how to delete the temp files of your pc and the cache on the web browser you use.

there might be a persistent Nokia Suite file that can't be deleted automatically. then download and try to install it again.

also before you download the file, select to rename it before it is saved on the desktop, just to make sure.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Jan_R

I have the same problem, but when i remove the old version and I downloaded the new version (now 3 times) I still get the message that I must remove the oldversion. In software there is no Nokia program available and this message I get at the end of the instaalation.

Now I do not have Nokia Suite and i cannot sync my phone with outlook.

Know anybody a solution

Please use plain text.
Employee
taza99

Hi all,

First you can try to uninstall your old Nokia Suite installation from Windows -> Control panel -> Programs and Features.

Then you could try to remove the directory C:\ProgramData\NokiaInstallerCache

and then try your installation again.

Thanks,

Best regards,

taza99

Nokia Suite Team.

Please use plain text.
Jan_R

Thank you,

I have followed your instruction and still no result, attach the error I get and the end.

second time I removed all the nokia directory and with ccleaner scan en cleam the register, still no result.

I 'm lost

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ZhKhong

actually i have the same problem here.....
my Nokia Suite can't detect my phone, even my old X3-00
then i try to reinstall Nokia Suite but failed, i uninstalled it and keep downloading the lastest version Nokia Suite once in a few days to install Nokia Suite but always failed

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi,

Could you check your Intermediate CA certificates the following:

1) Please go here: http://www.verisign.com/support/verisign-intermediate-ca/code-signing-intermediate/index.html to update your Intermediate CA certificates.

2) You will see 2 boxes with garbled text - one primary and one secondary.

3) Please copy and paste the text each into a text file using a text editor such as notepad. Then save those files with a .cer extension.

4) Then import those certs into Windows by right clicking on those .cer files and selecting Install Certificate from the menu.

I hope it helps!

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Milan80

Hi!

I'm having the same problem. I tried to use the nokia pc suite cleaner, i tried the CA certificates, I also tried to hand clean my registry and I allways get the same response from the Nokia Suite installer. I'm running Windows 7 Home premium 64bit edition. I rebooted the pc after every action i tried and none helped. Please find a solution to this!!

Please use plain text.
Employee
taza99

Hi Milan80,

Thank you for reporting this and uploading the screenshot.

We will look in this matter more closely.

Best regards,

taza99

Nokia Suite Team.

Please use plain text.
Employee

Jan_R: Our installer is unable to remove your current Nokia Suite installation so it could update it to the latest version. Try downloading Microsoft's Fix It: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall It should fix this situation. 

Then download and install latest Nokia Suite: http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/Nokia_Suite_webinstaller_ALL.exe

After successful installation I would also recommend running repair for you installation. This should fix all other possible hidden problems related to your Nokia Suite installation.

Please use plain text.
Employee

Milan80: Installer is trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable, which is required for Nokia Suite and many other programs to run:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=14431 ( you can try installing it and you should get the exact same error.)

For some reason this is now failing. This is environment specific problem and there can be many reasons for it.

Check that your machine is up-to-date from Windows Update. Also check that you don't have any failing updates from WU.

Go to "C:\ProgramData\NokiaInstallerCache\ProductCache\{D5878294-C113-43c5-A24F-FC333C52015A}\{92D1CEBC-7C72-4ECF-BFC6-C131EF3FE6A7}" and attach Nokia_Suite.log here. Or send it directly to me.

Please use plain text.
dqvhanam

Thank you very much. This is my long-standing problem that has not been resolved. great now. thank you
Please use plain text.
anonim

Thank you for the solution. Now i can install Nokia Suite 3.3
Please use plain text.