Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: cannot connect 5230 to ovi suite via bluetooth

Registered Member
seany5060

cannot connect 5230 to ovi suite via bluetooth

hey there,

just got a replacement 5230 phone and tried to connect it to the new nokia ovi suite 3 and as it's a new phone i tried to add it as  a new devise after taking off my old phone. But when i go to add it via bluetoth (which always used to work on my old phone) it say "bluettoh modem might need to be installed on your computer" and checks for ages before saying that it failed to connect to the device.

I've checked that i'm not doing any silly things wrong so what is the problem guys?

i have also tried repairing my ovi suite installation and that didn't work and both my laptop and phone are discoverable in their bluetooth.

help please :smileyhappy:

Registered Member
seany5060

is there anywhere or person that i can get ovi suite 2 from? as i might go back to that.

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Does USB connectivity with 5230 work in OVI Suite mode?

Have you tried establishing Bluetooth connectivity with PC Suite?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Registered Member
shinyo22

Hi,

I also have the same problem.

I using Nokia e72 and not able to connect nokia ovi suite to my phone via bluetooth. It just mentioned "Failed to connect your device". However i found my laptop connection to this phone is already connected as i can share the folder.

Someone please help me.

Thanks.

Advisor
HiSal

I have the same problem but with my USB cable I cannot connect to Suite.  I've done a search on the forums and this appears to be a common topic/problem.  Surprised Nokia has not made any official announcement about this problem on their website.  It does not look like any of their product enhancements includes a fix for this problem.  Nokia don't forget your customers!

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
cowipedia

Hi All,

For assistance about any unresolved concerns or complaints about your device, we highly recommend that you use the "Contact Us" link at your local Nokia website or get in touch with your local Nokia Careline.

Kind regards,

Advisor
HiSal

Ok, I finally made a connection by installing Ovi Suite to another PC which has Windows 7, my other computer had Windows XP (service pack 3).  But with the connection, I still cannot connect to maps.  System prompts to restart the computer, or uninstall and reinstall OviSuite.  I did both but no luck connecting to maps.  Good news is that  I can synch and use other Ovi features.  But I like to access maps.  I'll call into Nokia customer support -Thanks!

Advisor
HiSal

Success!  A call into customer service and they rebooted my phone by having me dial into a number.  Then the USB connection worked!  I have friends who love their Nokia phones, now I see why.  This is my first Noikia and I really like it.  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
HerbertRogers

It's March 2012...and I am STILL using this 5230 (waiting for my TMob contract to expire soon).

OK...has anyone had problems with OviMaps...i.e....ONE RED DOT in the center...and THAT'S it!!

I even did a HardReset...with absolutely No Success!

OH...it gets better: under "options"  there is NO EXIT. I have to Power-Down in order to exit Ovi.

Help!