Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

cannot login to mail. keeps asking to verify passw...

Contributor
woolgar100

cannot login to mail. keeps asking to verify password.

Each time i try getting into my mail account yahoo keeps asking me to verify my password. dont know what to do.

can see all my contacts and calender but each time i click on mail it goes to yahoo and asks me to verify my password. yahoo dont know what the problem is.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
toppcat

Re: cannot login to mail. keeps asking to verify password.

I am seeing the same issue too. I login to my account and I briefly see my inbox before I get the Yahoo! screen asking me to verify my password. Re-enetring my password does not help as it seems to recognise it at this screen.

My wife's Ovi email has no such login problems.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
toppcat

In fact I just changed my password, by entering the "forgot password dialogue" from the verify password page. I then went to my mail and I got redirected back to the verify password page again. Entering my new password does not work.

It would appear that there is something wong with my account setup, not with my passwords, but what to do?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
toppcat

I can't sign in from my phone either (E7) using mail application both before and after chnaging my password, so its not browser or PC related.

I have logged in successfully whilst the transition to Yahoo was ongoing, but before the mail history was added.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
toppcat

I can login to OVI account services, but not mail

I can login in via www.ovi.com with my password and get access to my contacts, ovi store etc. However when I switch to mail, it asks me to login again and I get in to the same loop of seeing the email inbox and then immediately being asked to verify the password.

Arrggghhhh!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
woolgar100

Re: I can login to OVI account services, but not mail

i'm getting all the same stuff happening to me. and i have tried all the same ideas. tried contacting ovi but heard nothing. yahoo are trying to fix it but havent heard anythin last couple of days. i have important emails to read and i can see any of them.

this is not acceptable.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
woolgar100

Just been on phone to ovi twice and they are useless.

They cant do anything and i have to wait until the 26th april when the conversion is finished to be able to accsess my account. They cant forward my emails to another account for me. i am so **bleep** off right now. they are useless.

They suggested removing your ovi account from ur phone and loading it back on. but thi did not work for me.

Please use plain text.
Superbast

Anybody having news on  this topic? - I have the exact same problem, with the difference that my mobile (N8) is still connecting to the mailbox. But with web or PC client it dies not work. I have other ovi mail accounts that works fine.

Please use plain text.