Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: cant use the ovi suite to log in to my ovi acc...

error55o

cant use the ovi suite to log in to my ovi account :(

Hi, I have a nokia OVI account, it works with my browser but when I try to log in with the OVI suite I get a pop up box with something like "could not sign in, nokia ovi suite could not connect to the nokia account server. make sure the internet connection is working properly and try again" some additional information -: I have a OVI account I can log in to my OVI using the same pc/laptop as the OVI suite I have real old firmware on my nokia 5800 and it wont update using *#0000# (the error is can not connect to server and your device is up to date when I know it is not) my current firmware version is V 20.0.012 and the other version is 20.012.224.06 my mobile is a Nokia Xpress Music 5800 dont know if this is relavant but when I check server settings I am informed that there are no servers defined Thanks for any help with this
Please use plain text.
error55o

Re: cant use the ovi suite to log in to my ovi account :(

forgot to say the the OVI store IS up to date on my pc and laptop and it is up to date on my mobile
Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

Hey, Hav u enabled proxy settings on ur Nokia Ovi Suite? Does Internet explorer is ur default web browser?
If my post helped you, click on Kudos button :smileyvery-happy: and if my solution provided is opt 2 u, accpt my solution :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
error55o

I use firefox as default as for proxy, i dont need to use any as I'm not on a proxy type of network
Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

Hey,

With same  username n passwrd can u login in OVI.com thru site(Mozilla firefox) ie r u able login in oiv.com with same username n psswd?

If my post helped you, click on Kudos button :smileyvery-happy: and if my solution provided is opt 2 u, accpt my solution :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
satari

Could you please provide System Information details ( Help About- Ovi Suite- System Information) ?
Please THANK me by clicking on the ****WHITE STAR** ( Giving KUDOS) the big GREEN BOX to your LEFT .
It will help me to serve you better !!!!!
Thanking You
Please use plain text.
error55o

I was using the same username and password for online ovi and the suite here is the system informatio requested for my laptop. not at home right now so cant post my pc one's right now Nokia Ovi Suite 2.2.0.245 PC Connectivity Solution 10.26.0.0 Connectivity Cable Driver 7.1.31.0 Nokia Ovi Suite Software Updater 2010.18.0.60492 Maps Service API 4.0.11.0 Nokia mPlatform 2.6.195 Ovi Desktop Sync Engine 1.3.0.32 Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit Edition Language: English Detected internet browsers: - Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385 - Mozilla Firefox 3.6.8 (Default browser) Detected Bluetooth stacks: - Microsoft (Version: 6.1.7600, Build: 16385) Detected USB drivers: - Default Hub Driver for USB 6.1.7600.16385 - USB Modem Driver 6.1.7600.16385 - EHCI eUSB Miniport Driver 6.1.7600.16385 I'll post my pc information when I get home
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ZainFarooqi

I'm having the same problem.  My ovi suite version is 2.2.1.23.  I can login to the online (ovi.com) account without any problem but when I try to use the ovi suite on my laptop, I get the following error:

"Nokia Ovi Suite could not connect to the Nokia account server.  Make sure the internet connection is working properly and try again."

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi, can you try following

- Exit Nokia Ovi Suite

- Make sure, that internet connection works in other apps (Firefox, Internet Explorer etc)

- Restart Nokia Ovi Suite

- Sign with Nokia account into Nokia Ovi Suite

Cheers, Samuli

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
to_error55o

erro55o,

I've read all the discussion since had the same problem, and I got the solution from your:
"I use firefox as default as for proxy, i dont need to use any as I'm not on a proxy type of network".

I use firefox as well, w/o proxy ... but my IE (which I never use) was configured with proxy - I changed IE to no-proxy, and restared NOS. Now it works.

Nokia should tell a bit more in the option screen, something like "Proxy configuration must be the same as specified in IE"!
Please use plain text.

Same problem here. Brand new Sony Vaio and latest OVI Suite. Windows 7.
The Nokia support told me there was some sertificate problems and they should send me instructions for how to delete the right ones, but haven't heard a word.
I'm so tired of the service from Nokia, so I guess I'll go for an other mobile pretty soon.
Have spent about $7000 - 8000 the last years for their mobiles.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dries2011

Hey, I'm new here.

I still have the same problem with my E72-1, although I updated NOS to version 3.0.0.290.

Any suggestions? Plz

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Richatom

Me too - I deleted the expired GTE certificates, as instructed by Nokia, but still can't connect.

I've at least managed to get some syncing running by installing an old version of PC Suite that works with N8.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
m_3_512

Hi. Same problem here... Windows 7, latest version o fOvi, but can't connect to server to update my E72 firmware....

Also Nokia Software Update utility doesn't even start up. It hangs on "Starting application".

Any help? Nokia?

I would expect more from you...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Maansi

hey evn i cnt log in to ovi suite.

i deleted cookies, certificates and everythin, bur still cud not log in

Is dr neway out to solve dis problem!

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Please check:  Phone time and date is properly set

If you have a separate Nokia Software Updater application in use, download the latest Nokia SW Updater and install.

If it does not help, could you try reinstall Nokia suite?
- Go to Program and Features or Add remove in Control Panel
- Click Nokia Suite
- Click Uninstall
Uninstall also:
- Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver
- PC connectivity Solution

Then restart computer.
- Download and install latest Nokia Suite 3.3.86 version from www.nokia.com/nokiasuite

- Restart Computer again
- Connect the device, do not open Nokia Suite and wait for all the driver to be loaded by windows.
- Once done then launch Nokia Suite.
- Check for the issue

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.