Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

e63 + Nokia Suite 7 + Windows 7 64 bit

Counsellor
beecee42

e63 + Nokia Suite 7 + Windows 7 64 bit

Hi. I’ve run Nokia Suite + Ovi Suite over the past few years and I’ve had nothing but grief with OVI, so I’ve stayed always from it!

I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 7 64 bit, and ‘felt obliged’ to run OVI. Maybe I hoped Nokia had resolved the problems with it, but I was kidding myself. Last September I was assisted by Nokia’s support as I was having a problem trying to install a password, yes just a password!  The end of the matter was when I had to reinstall my settings from a previous backup in  PC Suite.

This time I’ve lost something every time I’ve even used this application, so I’m not backing up on this PC running W7 64b. The last one I did (I had a problem so a repair was performed of the Suite) I lost all my text messages! Does anyone out there experience/ed these problems, I have a call from Nokia booked for tomorrow, I’m not convinced this will solve matters as my past experience has been that its made matters worse and I’ve spent countless hours resetting the e63 back to the state before it all started! Cheers BC from Blighty

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Re: e63 + Nokia Suite 7 + Windows 7 64 bit

Hi beecee42,

Could you provide step by step description of problem that you have currently?

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
beecee42

Re: e63 + Nokia Suite 7 + Windows 7 64 bit

Hi 

It's as I wrote, every time I now back up my text messages get wiped. I've tried last night to locate my recent ones to no avail. I've lost faith in the application, and I'm not bothering to even reinstate the lost e-mail address or the new one! I did contact Nokia last week and was asked to detail or call, but with this reinstall going on (I'm still not finished) I decided I did not have the spare time!

I won’t bore you with my challenges to use the contemporary semantics, but I have to get back to work as I've been off due to illness for tow months. You should be able to get details from the link posted below I would have thought. Cheers BC

[THREAD ID:1-5FYQIOM]

Please use plain text.