Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

how can i evoid forced ovi suite update?

vw1961

how can i evoid forced ovi suite update?

Hi

I am writting from the pc of a friend.

I am connecting myself to internet via my cellphone using nokia ovi suite.

yesterday i started the ovi suite and there was a pop up wich left me two choices: to update the program or to quit it.

But for updating i need an internet connection!!!!! And my only connection is using ovi suite and the cellphone. But i could not connect because the pop up didn't leave me the chioce "update later"!!!!!

I mean ho stupid is that?

So i cannot conntct myself to internet anymore (i live in a remote place with no other possibilities)

Please use plain text.
Employee

Re: how can i evoid forced ovi suite update?

Hi vw1961, in same cases, there's need to release certain Nokia Suite updates as forced updates. In these cases, we need to get all Nokia Suite users to update to certain version as early as possible. 

For example now, we have had to update all Nokia Suite users to Nokia Suite 3.3.86 to facilitate process of updating Symbian ^3 and Symbian Anna phones to Nokia Belle.

Cheers, Samuli

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

This is something ridiculous from Nokia which is already discussed here ...

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi farby, just to make clear, reason why Nokia Suite 3.3.86 update is forced update, is that Nokia Suite 3.3.86 is first Nokia Suite version supporting Nokia Belle update. Earlier Nokia Suite versions didn't support Nokia Belle update. We wanted to make sure, that as many users as possible are able to update to Nokia Belle smoothly.

Hopefully this clarifies.

Samuli

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

That is the exact point.. Nokia should inform the reason for the Update..and also provide an option to SKIP or UPDATE LATER.. If any of the users have phones (e. my Nokia 5800xm and Nokia X3-00) that can not get BELLE so why should it be FORCE on them..?

..oh ! and the post by jamesjay123 here proves it too..

Please use plain text.
vw1961

Hallo

Thank you. Well, i understand that for some reasons there have to be fored updates, but next time it would be better to inform users (f.e. 1 week before) that they have to do the forced update till a certain date, so they can download the update.

It's not very usefull to ask for a forced update for ovi suite (that i am using to connect to internet).

becaus without internet i cannot make the update

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Have a look at this thread ...

Please use plain text.