Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 5130 xpress music

dastylex

nokia 5130 xpress music

[ Edited ]

Hi,

my phone some times restarts without a warning.. ive tried restoring the phone but still no success..

when i checked for update it showed no updates found but gave me an option to reinstall the current software..

while reinstalling.. it started creating backup but whenever it comes to backing up msgs, it restarts everytime and then the connection get lost and the operation cancel itself.

is there anyway to reinstall the software using pc suite but without backing up the current files?

phone details:

nokia 5130c-2

v 07.95

03-02-10

rm-495

Moderator's note: IMEI number removed. It is unwise to share personal information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: nokia 5130 xpress music

Is there any difference if you switch the phone ON without the SIM and the Memory Card ? See if the random switching OFF stops. If yes, then first check again only with the SIM amd then only with the Memory Card. This is to confirm whether one of these are culprits...If you find the SIM having problem, try another SIM, preferably a new one from your Operator...If its the MC, then it may need Formatting.

As for Back-up..Try a Back-up (not the auto back-p that takes place when you go for re-installing the Firmware) thru' Tools-->Back-up in the latest version of Nokia_Suite ..If the same problem occurs, do not select 'Messages' for back-up. You can SYNC them with the Nokia Suite and then drag them back to the phone if needed..Then go for Re-installing the firmware and skip the Back-up stage all together..

Please use plain text.