Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia link

Registered Member
Aussie2009

nokia link

I am unable to download the Nokia Link, why is this so ??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

It downloads absolutely fine from this page:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-link/compatibility-and-download

If it won't let you download it check your browser, firewall or any other security settings on your computer.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kerro

Are there any other options for transferring music and videos to and from my N9 to PC? Any non-Nokia programs?

I can't believe whoever made Nokia Link failed to include an option not to "start with windows". Any program that forces itself to start with windows without asking or offering a choice, is not something I want to install. Bad programming etiquette!

I know I could mess with msconfig, but I shouldn't need to. I only need to transfer infrequently, so don't want it starting by itself.

What other ways to get files across to the PC?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You don't need any software at all to transfer files to the N9, just use good old simple drag & drop through windows explorer. If given the option connect it in mass storage mode but be sure to use windows "safely remove the hardware" option when you've finished.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kerro

thanks. It worked. I think the first time I tried maybe I tapped the wrong option. Good to manage files on the N9 through windows, makes sense to have it like a USB drive.

Pretty sure in Windows 7 you can just pull out usb cable and it unmounts on its own safely. I am too used to doing that now without any issues.

Please use plain text.