Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

pc suite and N8

Contributor
surffari
Accepted Solution

pc suite and N8

does pc suite support N8?

ovi suite doesn't support lotus notes according these discussions, so it can't be used. basically just want to get calendar syncronized...

home pc can do with maps etc

Professor
pudu

Re: pc suite and N8

in nokia official sites

http://mea.nokia.com/support/product-support/n8/specifications

Aplication
Pc aplication:smileysurprised:visuite and ovi player are only mentioned

Contributor
surffari

yes, it is not mentioned, but does it work?

has somebody tested if pcsuite can sync calendar?

Counsellor
notaname

I just tried Nokia PC Suite (7.1.51.0) with the n8.

"The connected device is not supported by Nokia PC Suite, use Nokia Ovi Suite".

I am very disappointed. :smileysad:

Advisor
LarsReschke

Shame on Nokia ::smileymad:!  The PC Suite 7.1.30.9 works truely and totally fine with the N8 INCLUDING locally syncing with Lotus Notes :smileyhappy:.

And the soft is not complaining anyway about an unsupported Device. Would be very nice to know why Nokia "prohibite" the use of PC Suite, the sw is obviously compatible to the N8. Especially some main function are no longer supported in OVI, besides the poor stability of OVI :smileysad:.

BG

Lars

P.s.: Perharps Nokia is now willing to implement the N8 in the current PC Suite or offers an official download possibility for the last compatible version of PC Suite.

Contributor
surffari

pc suite 7.1.26.0 didn't sync with lotus notes, but sms etc work...

Contributor
surffari

found the version: 7.1.30.9

http://www.hotshare.net/en/file/173547-9390202969.html

let's see if i bother to install...
KD09

I tried the Nokia PCSuite 7_1_30_9. PCSuite recognizes the phone. But, I get a message that the phone is "Connected in a non-compatible mode". On the phone, the USB connection is seleceted to "Nokia OVI Suite". None of the other selections help.

This calender synch is extremely important to me. I dumped my iPhone and took on the N8 only under the assumption that Nokia always had Lotus Notes synch capability. I am quite upset.

KD09

I tried the latest version of PC_Suite. But it threw up a message that OVISuite is to be used with this model of phone. I then uninstalled the latest version and reinstalled PC_Suite_7_1_30_9 again. This time it worked. Maybe the installation of the latest version helped fix whatever was missing in PC_Suite_7_1_30_9.

Counsellor
notaname

Ow boys, GREAT!  You make my day!

Sync is working as in the old days.

I can choose the sync interval, in calender settings choose how many years in the future and te past.  etc. etc.

it operates as it should function.

I am very glad. TNX!

Eric

Counsellor
notaname

One question,

after install PC-Suite, can I install OVI-Suite again to use for new firmware updates etc. ?
Or can I expect new troubles with synchronistation in PC-Suite?
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

notaname wrote:
One question,

after install PC-Suite, can I install OVI-Suite again to use for new firmware updates etc. ?
Or can I expect new troubles with synchronistation in PC-Suite?

yes,  you can have both installed.   i would be sure to make only one auto start when you boot you pc and only u7se oe issues.

i use the ovi suite to load maps,  but have pc suite as my main sync.

www.nokia.com/pcsuite

www.nokia.com/ovisuite

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Counsellor
notaname

OK tnx.

That was just my plan.
I was only afraid that the OVI suite, PC Suite synchronization would disrupt.
Counsellor
notaname

B.t.w, you link to PC-Suite is wrong. :smileywink:

At that page you cannot choose PC-Suite for the Nokia N8.

Xofder

Re: PC suite and N8

PC-Suite 7.1.40.60 works fine with the N8, including sync with Notes 8. The calendar goes in the calendar named 'PC Suite' on the device.

I hope that Nokia support also the N8 in future with the PC-Suite.

Contributor
surffari

[ Edited ]

installed this version and works fine, or works anyway! lotus notes calendar is now up to date.

thanks!

waiting for this traveller-application to be installed to phone, but it'll come any week, or month or...

big companies are excellent in slowness...

Advisor
sisa

Re: PC suite and N8

Hi Xofder,

do you have a link to PC-Suite 7.1.40.60

Can't find it with google...:smileyindifferent:

THX!

N8
Professor
pudu

sisa

link to hotshare given above contains same version you required
Contributor
sprrow

Please add support for N8 in PC Suite. I have tried to use the Ovi Suite earlier and now for two weeks again, but it is extremely frustrating. Only way to sync content is to remove my device and add it again once a day because for some reason the sync stops working. Also I don't want to see my contacts and photos etc.. scrolling on the screen. Instead I just want a nice way to sync my calendar and contacts. a job pc suite has done quite nicely for quite a long time already with my old devices. Drop ovi suite and continue with the pc suite (you can change the name if you want :-)

Contributor
sprrow

Ok sorry,

Immediately I have to take half of that back. :-) I just used Ovi share and that was great! Not as intuitive as one could hope but still just great!

But I still want PC Suite support for my great brand new N8. Keep supporting both!