Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

problem installing nokia suite 3.3.86

Contributor
patricksayas

problem installing nokia suite 3.3.86

kindly help me with this, i cannot install the nokia suite 3.3, it does not continue on with the installation..what should I do, it says

"there is a problem with this window installer package. a program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. contact your support personel or package vendor."

Employee
magovoru

Re: problem installing nokia suite 3.3.86

[ Edited ]

Could you try reinstall Nokia suite?

- Go to Program and Features or Add remove in Control Panel
- Click Nokia Suite
- Click Uninstall
Uninstall also:
- Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver
- PC connectivity Solution

Then restart computer.
- Download and install latest Nokia Suite 3.3.86 version from www.nokia.com/nokiasuite

- Restart Computer again
- Connect the device, do not open Nokia Suite and wait for all the driver to be loaded by windows.
- Once done then launch Nokia Suite.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
sharathkumar221

if i uninstall old version and instal a new one is there any chance od loss of data which i have synced with old version

Contributor
3ahoert3

Hi

I have little bit similar problem. I'm installing the Nokia Suite 3.3.86 into a laptop with Win XP (SP 3).

First I tried to install the Nokia Suite, but it got stuck abt. 95%.

I waited even over night, but it did not finished the installation.

Then I cancelled it, but the cancellation did not go through till end and I killed the prosess.

Then I tried to install it again, but same problem happened again. It gets stucked abt. 95%. The ovi information is running on right, but the software loads is in a loop or frozen.

Then I followed info on this thread and uninstalled Nokia Cable Driver, PC Suite and Nokia Suite.

Re-started the laptop and tried to install the Nokia Suite again, but it still got stuck at abt. 95%.

I believe it might be Win registery related or something else, but I just can not imagine on how to proceed with...

Any help/advise???

Contributor
3ahoert3

Hi

I found a solution by myself. :-)

In some other messages it is asked to remove certain Nokia related files and/or Folders.

I did not dare to remove anything, but instead I did RENAME old Nokia Ovi Suite and PC Suite folders under this palth:

C:\Program Files\Nokia

(I had used earlier the both Nokia Ovi Suite and PC Suite)

The I installed again the Nokia Suite 3.3.86 and all worked fine.

:-)