Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C3 software update

Registered Member
chrisosfp

problem updating software on 5800xm

hi, I just installed ovi suite 3.0.0.284 on pc with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and i did restart. Device connects normal with pc and when im trying to update device's software i take this message :

Could not connect to the service

Nokia Ovi Suite software update sevice is

not responding. Make sure the internet

connection is working or check your firewall

settings, and try again later.

My device's software version is V 21.0.025

My pc is connected to the internet.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chrisosfp

Re: problem updating software on 5800xm

And when i press ok i can select to install the available update but then i take this message:

Something's gone wrong

There was a problem. Please restart Nokia Ovi Suite

and try again. If the problem persists, uninstall Nokia

Ovi Suite and download the latest version of the

application from www.nokia.com/ovisuite.

Error code: 12017

I disabled firewall and antivirus but i have the same problem.

I use ESET Smart Security

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Did you try what the message prompted ? i.e. Un-install and re-install the OVI Suite ..

If not then do it and re-try..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chrisosfp

yes i tried that too.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vancouversteve

I am having the exact same problem with my C3.  The upgrade works for a couple of minutes and then stops with that very informative message.  Honestly....'Something has gone wrong' is their error message?  Sounds like something my 10 year old would say.  I've emailed Customer Support but they keep emailing back instructions that don't help.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aspar88

C3 software update

I have the same problem with my C3. I have not been able to upgrade since I bought the unit in Oct 2010.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vancouversteve

Re: C3 software update

Oh I forgot to mention, once it's done NOT updating my software, it leaves my phone in Test Mode.

Please use plain text.
HeroMeili

I get the same error too for my Nokia 6700.

I tried re-installing and that didn't help at all.

Please use plain text.
Sage
mobile_cracker

@ chrisosfp

This seems to be a windows installer issue, Kindly follow the steps provided below to assist you in this
regard.

- Uninstall Ovi Suite, Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver and PC Connectivity Solution solution from Add/Remove programs.
- Then reinstall Windows Installer from the link provided below:
FOR XP http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=5a58b56f-60b6-4412-95b9-54d056d6f9f4&dis...

FOR Windows 7
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc185688(v=vs.85).aspx

Once installed, then install ovi suite and check if the issue persists.

Hopefully this helps
Show appreciation by clicking the kudos star :-), or gesture by typing thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rlatchana

I'm getting this same issue; uninstalled all Nokia components and reinstalled; no luck there. Haven't tried the Installer fix as yet but honestly don't see what that has to do with connectivity.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nezlawn

Hello.  I have the same problem with a Nokia 2710c-2 - error 12017.  The problem still persists.

I uninstalled the Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290.  I installed the Windows Installer 4.5 for windows XP.  I restarted the computer, and I reinstalled Ovi 3.0.0.290.

I still cannot do the backup of the phone, and I still get error 12017 by software update.

I would appreciate a solution.  As mentioned in a previous note of mine, I have the same problems on Windows XP Home and Windows Vista Ultimate. So, I assume it has to do with the Ovi software or with the Nokia 2710c-2.  But since so many people have this problems with other phones, it got to be the software.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nezlawn

Problem Solved: problem updating software on 2710c-2

Hello there.

I solved all the problems on my new Nokia 2710c-2: (1) not being able to do the backup and (2) getting error code 12017 whle trying to update the software wit Ovi 3.0.0.2900.

The solution so simple: I deactivated the Pin Code request.  The phone kept locking itself out after a few seconds.  I did not realized at first this would also impare the communication via the USB port.  Oh well, better later than never.  I hope my solution will help other people as well.

I am attaching picture of newest software version installed on my Nokia 2710c-2.

Thanks.

Hristian

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
satari

Re: Problem Solved: problem updating software on 2710c-2

New version 3.1.0.84 is available now.
Please install it from here and check : You can download http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/nokia-ovi-suite
Please THANK me by clicking on the ****WHITE STAR** ( Giving KUDOS) the big GREEN BOX to your LEFT .
It will help me to serve you better !!!!!
Thanking You
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
djmuzi

Re: Problem Solved: problem updating software on 2710c-2

[ Edited ]

Problem not solved!!! Today tried to update my girlfriends parents 5800 from v50 to v51 with the latest Nokia Suite and voila still the same error code!!!

PS. I know why I>m owning an iPhone...

Please use plain text.