Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: "Nokia Suite needs to be repaired"

Advisor
anubis_rpg
Accepted Solution

"Nokia Suite needs to be repaired"

Dear all,

A new problem with the wonderful Nokia products. My Nokia Suite software updted itself leading to the above message after installation, leading to an endless loop if you choose to repair. Well, I delted everything and followed the advice from in the topic http://discussions.nokia.co.in/t5/Nokia-Suite/Nokia-Suite-3-2-100-installation-problem/td-p/1208369/...

I also follwed others' indications, such as those 2 certificates mentioned in the same thread, etc.

Well, nothing worked (what a surprise huh), and I am back again looking for and advice in order to make my N8 usable. Of course I have contacted Nokia support and they will not help.

The Nokia Suite version tryed was 3.3.89, and my OS is a Win Vista x64.

I would be really grateful to anybody willing to give me a hand.

Best Regards

Raúl

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Un-install the v 3.3.89 and try the Beta (v 3.4.19) from here ... To download the installer, you need to log-in with the SAME credentials that you use on this Forum..

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi anubis_rpg,

Could you try the latest beta version Nokia Suite 3.4? You can download the beta version from http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-suite-beta

If you still have this problem could you provide us the system properties and log files?

Please follow the instructions to collect and submit the log files via this link http://tiny.cc/ja40z

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Bame

same problem happens to me.. i've tried the beta version but the result is the same.. any other solution so that i can back-up my phone & upgrade to symbian belle?

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi,

The problem can be because WMDRMSDK.DLL has been missing.

There are two ways to rid of installation problem:

1.      Download/update the Windows Media Player 11

2.      Download Update for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?amp;amp;displaylang=en&id=2292

If it doesn't help you need to check your Intermediate CA certificates the following:

1) Please go here: http://www.verisign.com/support/verisign-intermediate-ca/code-signing-intermediate/index.html to update your Intermediate CA certificates.

2) You will see 2 boxes with garbled text - one primary and one secondary.

3) Please copy and paste the text each into a text file using a text editor such as notepad. Then save those files with a .cer extension.

4) Then import those certs into Windows by right clicking on those .cer files and selecting Install Certificate from the menu.

I hope it helps!

Please reply the result.

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Advisor
anubis_rpg

Apparently, after installing the beta version (3.4.19), it worked, I will give ´s reply as the one that solved the solution, as he was the first to reply, but I thank too , as she came with the solution too. Thanks folks !!

About Nokia belle, it looks better and seems to run faster, but some applications, such as internet navigator seem to be slower, and so far, it has crashed more often than symbian anna. Anyway...

Thanks again

Regards

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cheapracer

I have tried everything for weeks and I am livid. This is my first Nokia (6120C) and what a joke, every other phone I have owned ( I go through 4 or 5 a year due to my work) I just plug in a USB cable and it does the lot but not this - 90 meg of software and completely wasting my time and my search on the net shows I am far from alone. Never again will a Nokia grace my ear. What a complete joke and waste of time.

Typical of computer programming "experts" who think they know and can do better.
Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi cheapracer,

Could you explain what kind of problem you have? Screenshot of error would be useful. What kind of OS do you have?

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cheapracer

Only because I had to reformat my C: drive last week did I even bother to try again - no surprise to many around the internet who are having the same issues that Nokia doesn't seem to understand, it didn't work. This weekend I will be purchasing another brand.

Screenshot of what error, there is no code and the words "Nokia Suite Needs To Be Repaired" are no different if I typre them or take a picture of them.

If you bothered to type it into Google yourself and read the many posts on the subject around the net you would understand it is not OS specific.

Yes I have tried 2 .dl's and 2 certs but what about the many people who aren't capable of this, makes me wonder just how many are actually suffering Nokia's software programming incompetence.

What a joke having to email your own phone pictures to yourself.

As I mentioned, never will a Nokia grace my ear again and if I was in the US I would try for the "Lemon" law to get my money back.
Please use plain text.
eddie_sheraton

Marina 

I have spent a while trying this - inlcuding installing intermediate certificates when the first 2 didn't work and still no luck.  Media player 10 is as far as upgrades go - maybe down to XP?

Why do Nokia insist on installing an update before I can open it. It used to work OK!!

When is there anothe update - one that doesn;t tell me that hte repair is successful and then tell me it needs a repair as soon as I open it again?

Eddie

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hello eddie_sheraton

Could you provide us the system properties and log files?

Please follow the instructions to collect and submit the log files via this link http://tiny.cc/ja40z

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
ALIL007

I have the same issue with Win 7 64bit. Was the problem relay solved???

Please use plain text.
3swap3

similar issue with my pc as well,after smooth installation it asks to repair ,n then the loop starts,mine is asha 303, pc os-win xp...any solution.(tried everything on this forum)
thanks
Please use plain text.
3swap3

nokia suite ,installs nicely and then asks for repair ,say yes to it ,it repairs n says, its repaired and ready to use....but  when u start the suite it asks to repair

magovoru wrote:

Hi anubis_rpg,

Could you try the latest beta version Nokia Suite 3.4? You can download the beta version from http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-suite-beta

If you still have this problem could you provide us the system properties and log files?

again....loop starts....mine is -asha 303, have win xp on my pc, tried everything on the forum...no result....any help wud be great.....thanx

Please use plain text.
ALIL007

This is the error I get when the suit needs to be repaired.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

magovoru wrote:

Could you provide us the system properties and log files?

Always a problem when nokia Suite doesn't stay open long enough to "Open Nokia Suite and check 'Start collecting logs' in Tools > Options > General" as all appears "greyed out" before saying that it needs to be repaired and closes!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tahayat

Hi,

i m Tariq from Pakistan, i m also having the same probelm of  "Nokia suite needs to be repaired".

i hav repaired it successfully but again it asks the same, plz do something as i can not backup of my Nokia N8

i m using Nokia Suite 3.5.15 beta on Win XP SP-3.

screenshot of error attached

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mastermani

try updating windows media player to version 11 or above i'm sure it will solve the problem.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

tahayat wrote:

Hi,

i m Tariq from Pakistan, i m also having the same probelm of  "Nokia suite needs to be repaired".

i hav repaired it successfully but again it asks the same, plz do something as i can not backup of my Nokia N8

i m using Nokia Suite 3.5.15 beta on Win XP SP-3.

screenshot of error attached

Refer Message 5 in this thread ..

Also try he latest version of the Nokia Suite from here ...

Please use plain text.
teaseldave

I'm running windows 7 x64 and am getting the same Repair installation error.  I've tried all the repair strategies on this and any other forums that I can find.  There is no clean way of uninstalling windows media player 12 since it is part of windows 7.  Should I try deleting "WMDRMSDK.DLL"?  There are 2 different versions on my PC.

I can't believe that there isn't a proper solution to this problem, or even some diagnostic information displayed somewhere.  Completely frustrating.

Please use plain text.