Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: unable to upgrade E7 to belle, low Computer sp...

Registered Member
yemayoneder

unable to upgrade E7 to belle, low Computer space error

HELP:
I am unable to upgrade my E7 to Belle. I keep getting this error on my computer
"The space on your computer is running low. To continue the update, please make sure you have at least 1.5 GB of free space on your computer's \\v drive. You need to move or delete 0 MB of content from the \\v drive."

I do not have a V drive on my computer.

I have windows 7 running through vmware on macbook pro btw. I have 18.8GB free on my C and 77GB free on my Macbook pro hard drive.  The screenshot is below. 
This is why I wish Nokia will just release a mac version of Nokia Suite.

Any takers?

Please use plain text.
Employee

Re: unable to upgrade E7 to belle, low Computer space error

Please try installation in normal Windows PC, which has enough free space in C: drive. WMWare installations are not supported. Samuli
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
polarlu80

I got the same problem and I am not using a virtual pc or wmware, just a normal Windows 7 PC. I have downloaded the newest version ov Nokia Suite

saylinen wrote:
Please try installation in normal Windows PC, which has enough free space in C: drive. WMWare installations are not supported. Samuli

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
polarlu80

Change the backup location solved it for me. Tools-Option
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
polarlu80

Change the backup location solved the problem. Tools-Optionis

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi polarlu80, great that this worked now.

Cheers, Samuli
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nloat

[ Edited ]

saylinen wrote:

That's a really helpful reply! Given that you don't support the mac, VMware was a potential work around to the problem. With that kind of attitute no wonder the iPhone is so popular!

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

[ Edited ]

There is now a new version of the software updater for mac available at http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-software-updater-for-mac?req=true

Hopefully that will solve the problem

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.