Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 5800 OVI Maps 3:03 - No route found

Registered Member

5800 OVI Maps 3:03 - No route found

I've installed ver 3.03 and maps to my memory card. I've discoverd that if I'm offline I can only drive to a location within about 1 mile. Above that I get a "route not found". I dont get this problem selecting walk. If I configure the application to be on-line then I can create a drive of any length.

I've tried removing the application and maps and then reinstalling but get the same problem

Can anyone help please

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

It means that the GPS is having a hard time to lock on your location when you're offline. First get your position through the "my position" icon, and when you have it, that's when you start the drive. This often happens to me when the route calculation times out and there is still no GPS lock.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Oh yeah, are you sure its in the card? The Maps wont install into the card, it would just install itself on the phone, and it wouldnt even prompt you if you want it in the card or in the phone. It would just go for the phone all the time because AFAIK it cant be installed on the card even if you set all your apps to install on the card. You could check under Menu>Settings>Application Manager>Installed Applications. Look for Nokia Maps and Ovi Maps. Check if there is a memory card icon to their right. 
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Professor
XploitMachine

1. Delete the entire CITIES folder from memory card.

2. Execute Nokia OVI Maps in ure fone, wait for the rebuild process.

3. Connect into Nokia Map Loader.

4. Download ure desire map.

5. Disconnect and restart ure fone.

6. Execure Nokia OVI Maps in ure fone and lock your GPS coordinate (please go outdoor for easy detection).

7. Use an ONLINE method to search a simple address (first time only)

8. Re-set the options to OFFLINE map.

9. Go out and test out the performance.

:smileyvery-happy:

Also, please feedback the results as the results could be useful to other members / visitors.

Thanks & best regards,

XM

I'm an Xploit - Please feel free to post your issues, feedbacks in this discussion forum and I'll do my level best to help, otherwise my knowledged friends whom are around willing to help you. Thank you !
Please use plain text.
Garryv

I've tried re-build, complete install you name it. The only way I can get a route in drive mode is if I'm on line. I am so regretting getting this software. I've paid for the old software which whilst it was pretty **bleep** compared to tom tom and often took me miles out of my way it at least worked without a pertinent internet connection which is going to cost me a packet no doubt!

How can it manage to find a route perfectly well in walk mode offline but not in drive mode without being online!!  This looks more like a design set up than a glitch to me.

The iphone is looking better every day at least I could have TomTom or any other sat nav that works off line on that!!

Please can someone fix this or Nokia get someone else to build or adapt sat nav software for there phones before I for one dump my Nokia for a phone that has sat nav works 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I am also having the same issue. Why does it need to go online before calculating the route back home? I am really disappointed in this new ovi map 3.03. I also get a message 'car navigation cannot start from this point'. When I switch it to online it would calculate the route but chew up my data plan. I hope somebody can fix this.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

The only reason I know of that it wants to go online is that you have A-GPS and Network Based positioning ticked on.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks for your insight, I checked my positioning methods and saw the following:

Assisted GPS

Integrated GPS

Bluetooth GPS

Network based.

The only option that is checked is Integrated GPS.

Under the positioning  server:

I have it set to automatic

Access point is my default carrier (AT&T)

server address is supl.nokia.com

What should I be looking for?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Have you downloaded the maps? Not the map application, but the maps themselves.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Yes, I have downloaded the map.  I went out the other day, when I was coming back home I went to map - drive- chose home as destination. It says waiting for GPS, then it locked in GPS and the signal bars were green. Then it says calculating route, and of course 'no route found'.

Another example:

I used my home wifi to download a destination data, then chose drive to, as soon as I drove   away from my street I lost the wifi connection, that was the end. If I set my phone to go online the navigation works fine. A minute on-line (GPRS) cost me about $5. So if I have to drive 30 minutes you do the math. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Woah. That's expensive. In my country the rates are just like $0.12 per 15min.

Anyway, could you get a fix without going online? It takes longer than online though, unless your right at the place where you last turned it off.

To check if your GPS hardware is functioning, go to Menu>Apps>Location>GPS Data>GPS Calculation>Options>Sattelite Status. If you are receiving signals, that means the GPS chip is working.

Just try to wait a while for the non-Internet assisted GPS to work. You could also try Ovi Maps Beta 3.04. it works better in getting signals. I get signals inside my house now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

The GPS is working perfectly! I can even get GPS signal inside my house now. I have no problem getting GPS signal at all. It is the car navigation I am having problem with. It couldn't even find the route to take me home untill I was 500 feet away from my home. I might try the the 3.04 beta if it is available.  

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tangxc

Is OVI map really free?

Why I can not use it for free? I don't have data plan.

When I set a place and select drive to, it always ask me: "Online connection required to enter the shop. Connect now?" when I select NO, it will not work. It can show where I am but don't tell me how to go to my destination.

Could anyone tell me how to make it work?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sjkhayes

Has anyone managed to get this to work in offline mode.

I am a great fan of Nokia, and I think making Ovi maps free is revolutionary, but my god. The UI doesn't even support the most basic use cases. As far as I can see you cannot

- Check to see what maps are loaded from the device.

- Access help.

- Get no explanation other than "Route not found" when this problem occurs.

Dear Nokia,

Have you never heard of "Help" After you display this message, why not put a link to a mobile website where an explanation of the problem and how it might be resolved is displayed.

Why do I have to spend hours googling to find this discussion and once I am here, find nor resolution.

/ ENd Rant

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Well this is not Nokia its a users forum Contact Us button for Nokai .

Most of the maps problems are due to  actual failure to install the maps themselves .

Start if your phone qualifies for free navigation you download the maps software application and install  .

Then you need to download the required new maps via maps downloader .

jje

Please use plain text.
Advisor
paterant

[ Edited ]

Remove all current maps using Ovi. Download 3.04 from the beta site using a wifi connection. Once installed, re-install all your maps. Worked for me.

Also, I have noticed that having the bluetooth set to on can cause the "route not found" issue sometimes even with 3.04. So, with the maps program closed, turn bluetooth off, open maps, set your destination, once it has plotted the route and you have a good gps signal, then turn bluetooth back on again.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Download 3.04 from the beta site

Now out of Beta and on normal maps update site .

jje

Please use plain text.
Tazmanian_Devil

I've got this problem also on the 3.04 Version. I've got disabledin  the positioning mehtode the Bluetooth GPS, Wi-Fi/Network andNetwork based metods.

Now it works with the offline mode

Greets

TAZ

Please use plain text.
Advisor
LowLife

I'm also having the route not found problem if internet set to offline. I'm running v3.04. All maps are downloaded onto the phone, GPS has a good lock on my position so why can't it calculate the route, absolutely ridiculous. If I turn off the phone and turn it on again then it sometimes solves the problem.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@Lowlife - as mentioned by Taz, turn off wifi in the positioning methods.
Please use plain text.