Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

6120 - Blank screen in power saver mode

Contributor

6120 - Blank screen in power saver mode

Hi everybody!

I have recenty become a proud 6120 owner (my first symbian :-)), and I have 1 question:

how can I prevent in power saver mode, my screen to go complety blank??? I would like to see the status of my phone (time, missed calls, messages, etc.)!
this is really annoying!

can anybody help me, how to change/prevent this?

many thx in advance
daniel
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: 6120 - Blank screen in power saver mode

In menu/settings/themes/powersaver I have to tick one of three options (time/date, text or animation). Whichever is ticked I get at least the clock in powersaver mode. Events show under the date (or text if you choose text) so keypad locked has a symbol, missed calls have a number (of missed calls) and a symbol and so on.

However I have also noticed the screen is totally blank after a while and pressing a button starts the powersaver cycle again - briefly showing the dark main screen (including missed call message etc) before showing the clock with the symbols for a short while again. The time it takes to enter powersaving mode is in the display settings but I can't see a setting for how long it shows for.

Why the clock etc doesn't stay I do not know - I presume even this would eat the batteries more than strictly necessary. I can't see any option to keep it but it may there somewhere!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thank you Davand!

I have also noticed this, and I have set up the option of showing time/date in powersaver menu.

But, as you said, after 2 minutes it goes in to the "deep power saver" mode - and shows => nothing.
and that is really annoying - to see if I have a missed call or SMS, I have to "wake up" the phone - so far it was enough to look at it.

does someone knows how to avoid/change this setting???
Anyone??
is this ment to be this way?

this a a big loss of functionality for me...

daniel
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
patc

I think the only way would be to turn off the power save mode completely - not a great idea with most phones these days as the high def colour screens use a lot of power so doing this will dramatically reduce your time between charges.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thx, patc for your reply...unfortunately, you can not turn of power saver mode completly, you can only change the period when mobile will go in power saver mode...:smileysad:

but, as you said, even if this could be posible, this is not the fix for this problem...

many thx anyway...:smileyhappy:

daniel
Please use plain text.

I installed cClock and it seems to be working pretty good it displays a big clock and any other information you need ... but it dose have a strange effect once ever 60s (I think this is related to the time you set for the power save mode) it starts up the display (no backlight) and then reenters the cClock screen saver ... I guess this is the only way to keep something on the display at all ... at least Nokia decide to update the firmware with an option to stop that deep power saving mode
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

there is no way to change that black out screen, this is a new way being used by nokia to save power, even the mighty Black N82 does the same, and i can see a big difference in the power management...

the cClock solution i think will work, albeit be prepared to have a shorter battery life, there is even a java app that produces a huge analog clock that i have used at one point but i totally dumped that cause it was a power hog,

to remedy this, i just press the left soft button or power button, this will cause the screen to light up for a moment so i can read the status or even the time...
Please use plain text.