Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

6600 inbox contact display

6600 inbox contact display

My 6600 has suddenly stopped displaying the name of the person that a text message is from in the inbox, it now only shows the number. I havent changed anything and there is nothing in any of the settings to alter whether the inbox displays a name or number. Ive tried copying all my contacts to the sim (they're normally saved on the phone) but this made no difference. Any ideas anyone because this is really annoying
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Re: 6600 inbox contact display

For all persons or just some persons? If only some, then check for accidental or deliberate duplication in Contacts; if there are more than one contact with the same number, the phone doesn't know which contact/name to display, so it doesn't.
Please use plain text.

i think its all conatcts? I'll try texting off some other numbers. If it is just some and therefore a duplication of the contact where would it have duplicated it to? Its not copied to the sim, there is only one copy of everything on the phone, and nothing in any friends folders etc. could it have copied to the memory card - i cannot find any way of saving contacts to the memory card.
Please use plain text.

no its definitely all contacts.
Please use plain text.

scratched head for a bit, then my mate had a brain wave. numbers have got to be saved as +44 not 0.

cheers
Please use plain text.