Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 808 Pureview and Media Transfer

Counsellor
kev187

808 Pureview and Media Transfer

I cannot get the media transfer to work with my 808 pureview, it worked fine with my E7 running Anna, but it just get stuck "searching for device" when I plug the 808 in.  If I set the 808 to media transfer I get the message "your 808 is not in a mode used for media transfer" then when I swtich it back to Nokia Suite, media transfer gets stuck looking for a device?

Anyone know if the media transder is compatible?  

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
seki2012

I would get the latest PC Suite from the betalabs site ... http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia-suite-beta

I can see the drives on the 808 using Windows Explorer
listed as: Mass memory | No Name (my MicroSD card) | Phone Memory

Good Luck! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kev187

I have a Mac, so I cannot use the PC suite, was using the media transfer on my E7. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Fresh_Breeze

[ Edited ]

kev187 wrote:

I have a Mac, so I cannot use the PC suite, was using the media transfer on my E7. 

Are you trying to transfer DRM protected Windows Media Audio files which have ".wma" extension in their file names? Because transferring them to phone is the only thing you need to do in media transfer mode. Everything else can be done in USB Mass storage mode or using a memory card reader. Drop the files wherever you like and update phone's media library. It will find them.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@kev187

Have you come across DoubleTwist?

http://unleashthephones.com/2012/06/25/how-to-sync-your-nokia-808-pureview-with-itunes-on-a-mac/

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SYNERGIST

just bought my Pureview. Shot some video. try to transfer to mac or PC

Mac cannot transfer the included video file (oceans?) as the format is not supported. Pics transfer OK with Lion no additional software needed. Plug and Go!

With WIN 2008 server (same core as 7) Oceans transfer OK also plug and go.

NOW for the hairy part.

The video I shot cannot be found either by the Mac or the PC.

I can playback the video on the phone, but when connected by USB the file cannot be found. I can search through both drive letters looking for .mp4 or looking for a file created today but no videos.

HELP

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

SYNERGIST wrote:

I can playback the video on the phone, but when connected by USB the file cannot be found. I can search through both drive letters looking for .mp4 or looking for a file created today but no videos.

@SYNERGIST

Sorry for the delayy in replying to your post but a forum member has only recently posted an iSync Plug-in for 808 PureView and the answer is that video shot upon 808 will either be found in /E:/DCIM/100NOKIA or /F:/DCIM/100NOKIA as appropriate, whereas as you point out OceanLife.mp4 is found in E:\Videos\

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.