Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

AMOLED yellow spot (N8-00)

Contributor
Dalago

AMOLED yellow spot (N8-00)

Hi guys.

Yesterday appeared on my N8-00 a yellow-ish spot on the right side of the screen (Not was on first boot, 15 days ago). I cleaned the surface but the spot stills; also I reinstalled the Firmware (maybe could be a FW problem) but the spot still on the screen.

I attached 2 10MP pictures of the screen, so you can see the spot. So what can I do? Must I send it to Nokia for repair? Is glue or are bad pixels??

Thanks for your help!!

Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: AMOLED yellow spot (N8-00)

Looks to be hardware problems, I'd send to your closest NCC :smileyhappy:

Definitely do not go through 3rd party repairers (as this may void your warranty)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dalago

hanks for your answer!!

I also think is a HW problem but I wished it were otherwise. But there is nothing to do, I must send it to the NCC in USA. I'll send it via mail, so, do you know what to send to NCC? all the box (I have everything in original bags, even the charger and the usb weren't used the first time)? I think Nokia will just change the AMOLED panel, but don't know really, is my first warranty use on all my Nokias...

Again, thanks!

Please use plain text.
Professor

No worries mate.

I don't think you need to send everything, all you need is to send the handset itself (make sure it's bubble wrapped), your receipt, and obviously all your contact details and what's wrong with it :smileyhappy:

If your front panel isn't nice and shiney, perhaps add that your touch panel isnt responsive sometimes and they might replace the panel with a new one :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dalago

Great hehe!

I just received a email answer from Nokia Care Center, they send me the Address to send just the phone (No accesories, MicroSDs, SIMs, Etc) as you said.

I think my panel has a great condition (the transparent plastic still sticked, just a litte bubble when I peel it to "clean" the yellowish spot). Anyway if I add than my touch panel isn't responsive, they replace it with a NEW one? even with transparent plastic?or they could replace with an used, but good condition one?

By the other way, my phone has a very little cosmetical failure, the superior plastic body (HDMI side) has a very little desviation (~0,5 mm), maybe get by a failure in plastic casting, I don't care much about it, is barely noticeable, but if they can fix it, it would be great! What do you think about it?

Again, thanks a lot. You are a great help today!

Please use plain text.
Professor

Any parts that are replaced on your handset will be brand new, so yes it will contain a new temporary plastic screen protector.

As for the HDMI cover, I don't believe they would replace that (infact it may not even be replaceable, it has the IMEI label on that part, if we're talking about the same part). On the N8's I've handled, they all do that, but if you press it in a certain way it sits quite nice and flush with the casing. So maybe just fiddle around a bit with it, press it evenly on both sides when pushing it in.

I'm glad I could help, hope it gets sorted for you mate.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ghostinv

I had my display changed and the plastic protector is the same. The protector is on the gorilla glass so unless they change the glass too, you won't get a new one. At least that's what i think.
Nokia 8890
Nokia N73
Nokia N8 Dark Grey
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Daren

I have exactly the same issue as you, a dark patch on the right edge of the screen. Mine is similar in size to yours.

UPS are due to pick mine up today to take it to a Nokia Care Center. I used this page to start the repair process: http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/repair/repair/warranty?c=1

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dalago

Strange Problem, Mine was made on Finland, so maybe was a deffective AMOLED batch, as reported months ago...

well, mine will go to Nokia Care Center in Texas by March 28...

@metalfan; yeah, we are talking about the same piece, and you are right, IMEI is here, and hardly Nokia will replace it; anyway as said, is barely noticeable so i dont care much about it; I just want a AMOLED replacement!

Guys, thanks for all your replies!

Please use plain text.