Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Anna Battery Consumption very heavy! (Nokia N8...

Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Re: Anna Battery Consumption very heavy! (Nokia N8)

Nobody's going to hate you Nokton. This is a forum for putting forward one's opinion and experiences... You've just spoken yours. It isn't a crime voicing one's experience... So enjoy symbian Anna...
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gs2011

@arsim

thanks i will try that 

this battery issue is the only major problem with the otherwise  amazing device  

also  nokia plz pay attention to this

Please use plain text.
Advisor

For me this was the solution

settings, connectivity, WLAN, option, settings, power saving on

with power saving of 10 hours battery was empty, powersaving on 30 hours and still going

greetings from holland

Please use plain text.
Sage
mikwag

planetboy wrote:

For me this was the solution

settings, connectivity, WLAN, option, settings, power saving on

with power saving of 10 hours battery was empty, powersaving on 30 hours and still going

greetings from holland

Unfortunately some of us cannot run with WLAN power-saving on - as it causes connection problems to our WLAN network - the solution to this for some of us is to turn WLAN power-saving off!

See this thread for more info ...

WIFI Connections Bug

My current phone - Samsung Galaxy Note
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JimVBrook

Same problem here... I have only about 30% of the battery life since installing Anna on N8, from 4 days to just over 1.

Please use plain text.
Sage
cecampbell

I hate to be repetitive, but for those of you who are having shorter battery life, What widgets are you running?

If you have battery monitor, it was documented on AAS that you should uninstall it.  Even without the widget, it still runs in the background and is one of the bigger causes of battery drain in Anna.  the Social widget is bad no matter what version of S^3 you are running.  Look at your other widgets.  If they access the internet, they might cause you problems.

I have found that Gravity is an excellent social networking client that does not exhaust your battery.  I also have multiple e-mail widgets and found the need to balance my need for fast e-mail notification with battery usage.  In other words, only use "always on" when you really need instant notification.

if you have a bunch of news and blog widgets, consider whether you really use them and remove the unecessary ones.

Finally, make sure your Maps app is up to date.  An older version had an issue where your phone would continue to use GPS even after Maps closed.

If you want to make sure there is no legacy firmware from 1.2, then do the back-up/hard-reset/restore outlined earlier.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mobor

[ Edited ]

After update , my N8 now works FINE
Battery remain about 15-20% longer than after Nokia's updates....

Ovi store, Maps and all other functions - works.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Post has been edited to remove reference to an unauthorised Nokia procedure that may have unforeseen damaging side-effects, which in turn may invalidate the warranty of a Nokia device; therefore we do not allow it to be discussed on an official Nokia forum. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MontyUK

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Post has been edited to remove reference to an unauthorised Nokia procedure that may have unforeseen damaging side-effects, which in turn may invalidate the warranty of a Nokia device; therefore we do not allow it to be discussed on an official Nokia forum. 

Or a procedure that works!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ahodarkar

Well atleast we know now that mods and ppl from nokia are still looking into this thread :smileytongue: :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tiek

I also noticed a worse battery life after Anna. I am using usually power saving on , no ress widget, 2 emails widget steup every 15 minutes. I disinstalled battery monitor 2 but I have seen no change so I put it back.

I checked Energy Profile every now and then : when idle goes to 3w and when I have the screen on with battery profile running in front of me is abotu 30-32w which is better than last week 41-44w when I did the same check.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tiek

I also checked my consumption with Energy Profiler when Battery Monitor 2.0 is open and does nto change much , still stable around 30-32 when I just leave my  phone with screen on with battery profile running. So does not look liek battery monitor is eating much battery,

I also noticed there is a new VERSION number 2.1, will try that tonight.

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

solution for anna destruction of battery

hard rest your phone

upgrade only part 1 of symbian anna not 2

Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
brdeveloper

The funny thing is that most proposed solutions are pure speculation and not founded in technical knowledge of Anna/N8 internals. I would like to see a faster response from Nokia about solving these annoying bugs.

Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

@brdeveloper: The pure speculation as you call it, is the best we can do here :smileyhappy:

1) A decision must have been made by Nokia to preserve the user installed apps and the user data during the upgrade from PR1.2 to Anna - just imagine the outcry in this forum if the upgrade had formatted the C: E: and F: drives - even after a warning and doing a backup?

2) A *#7370# reset after upgrading to Anna will format the C: and E: drives on the N8, and I recommend formatting the memory card F: drive also. Treat the phone as brand new and restore only contacts, notes and calendar from backup. This took my N8 from a rather silly battery life of less than two days to almost three days in normal mode, and it cured the reboots.

Taking the battery idle consumption even further to a new low point involves uninstalling apps and features that are not used. In my case Nokia Social, MS Communicator, Shazam and Nokia Analytics Collector was uninstalled, and Search was disabled in its settings. WLAN scan and Bluetooth are off when not needed and the widgets are in offline mode.

On a average daily usage pattern of 60 minutes of MP3 music, 5 minutes of phone calls, two or three SMS'es, checking email once an hour in the daytime on two POP3 mailboxes and browsing the news and weather for around 5 minutes the N8 now gives me 5 days of use in normal mode or 7 days in power save mode before dropping to an indicated 10% battery left.

And yes, I can also easily drain the battery in less than 6 hours. All it takes is the Internet Radio or playing Angry Birds ... but that is another story!

Best regards,

Hans

Please use plain text.
jewlogs

I have the same problem with my n8.. I updated my n8 to Anna 3 days ago and I noticed that my battery was draining so fast to the point that i had to recharge it 2 time a day, at first i thougth there was something wrong with my battery and i actually planning to replace it tomorrow and I just realized just a few minutes ago that maybe its because of the software update, so I googled it and I was right, after reading all of the discussion here...To nokia.. I think you need to do something about this.. I cant maximize the use of my phone because of that.. I even need to bring my charger anywhere I go, I cant listen to music cant use browse I cant use any application because im worried about the battery.. If only I can Downgrade I will do that ryt now.. GIVE US SOLUTION ASAP... or ill Switch to APPLE..

Please use plain text.
ronso

Well, i now have been working with anna for a few weeks and i must say battery live is really good. I can get two to three days out of one charge. Right after the anna update battery live was very short but after a few days battery live became very good......
Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

cecampbell wrote:

If you have battery monitor, it was documented on AAS that you should uninstall it.  Even without the widget, it still runs in the background and is one of the bigger causes of battery drain in Anna.

Are you refering to the Battery Monitor 2.1 by Nokia?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jadonx

Settings, connectivity, wlan, options, settings, power saving ENABLE- this saves hours of battery life. Shame theres no quick widget for this or better still to disable in auto when browser selected.

Please use plain text.
Sage
cecampbell

Yes, battery monitor 2.1 is bad in anna.  It worked great in firmware 1.2 and earlier. 

I recommend getting "Battery Power Saving 1.7.0" from Nokia Store.  It was free a month ago but now it's 99 cents, and although it does not come with a pretty widget or anything informational, it does a great job of making your phone battery last longer.

In OVI/Nokia store Battery Power Saving

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sydney_vienna

I have posted before (after upgrading to Anna) and said that my battery life had not changed. After a few weeks now, I can say that this is true. Still the same amount of battery life as before - in fact, I can take photos all day on trips, take a couple of short movies and still have enough power left for a few days

Please use plain text.