Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Anna qwerty keypad

Sage
shamsi_boy
Accepted Solution

Anna qwerty keypad

I like the new qwerty keypad always prefer a qwerty over a simple one,but I'm facing a problem that the keypad in my N8 is not completely accurate,often I press some key and another undesired key is pressed and often I have to apply some pressure on the screen as it doesn't responses to my touch.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: Anna qwerty keypad

Unfortunately this is how it is with Anna. Nothing you can do about it. Maybe things will improve with Belle.

Rau
Please use plain text.
Zouheirturk

Hello , the Symbian 3 and Symbian Anna update give you a non multi touch qwerty and portrait keyboard we hope that the Symbian belle will give us a huge improvements by the multi touch input
Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

[ Edited ]

shamsi_boy wrote:

I like the new qwerty keypad always prefer a qwerty over a simple one,but I'm facing a problem that the keypad in my N8 is not completely accurate,often I press some key and another undesired key is pressed...

Capacitive screens are scanned and so there is no drift in the co-ordinates on the screen. So your problem is almost certainly due you not tapping the keys accurately. In the unlikely event that the touch panel was displaced you would have a consistant error all the time everywhere on the screen. 

shamsi_boy wrote:

...and often I have to apply some pressure on the screen as it doesn't responses to my touch.

Capacitive screens are not pressure sensitive.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dcajetan

(Please note that when you touch a character the character nearest (top,below, left or right that at times get selected).
to avoid wrong characters being selected heres what you got to do.
You got to visually divide the screen into two left and right. so all the characters on the lest use you left thumb or index finger and for the charaters on the right use your right thumb or index finger. and you will see that you can now type accurately... am sure you will be able to relish the speed... Cheers ! Good Luck.
Please use plain text.
Sage
shamsi_boy

if the capacitive screen is not pressure sensitive,then why doesn't it detects my touch?please help
Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

As both Ray and Cataholic said, The N8's screen is Capacitive and NOT pressure sensitive.

The screen is coated with a thin conductive layer and as your body also conducts electricity the phone is able to detect a distortion in the screens electrostatic field.

Make sure you are using the pad of your finger and not the nail, finger nails are not good conductors.

If the problem persists take it in and get it checked.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.