Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Annoying beep when recording calls

Annoying beep when recording calls

Hi,

I have a 6680 and was wondering if there was any way to turn off the beep on the voice recorder while in a call.
Please use plain text.

I doubt it. Probably a legal thing that has to be there.
Please use plain text.

I know in some country's it is law, but not in the uk.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

That feature is probably not tailored/customized for different countries and different laws and regulations in those, but just simply enabled for all (and something you can't set/change, because then it would be an illegal device in countries where laws mandate that sort of notification of recording of calls).
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

actually, it is very illegal to record phone calls in the UK with out prior consent or notification - especially with calls between regualr people. the beep is there to let people know i guess.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

In the UK it is not illegal to record your own phone calls.

The important thing to remember is that if you intend to replay the recording to a 3rd party then you should tell the other person you are calling that they are being recorded.

If you are an employer and you record your employees' calls then you must tell them.

I have no connection with Nokia but would envisage that the beep is a standard feature because the Law pertaining to call recording is not the same everywhere and Nokia do not see sufficient demand to make the beep country-switchable.

Nick

www.recordmycall.co.uk
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
llendorin

It isn't illegal to record calls in the UK, but any calls recorded are inadmissable in a court of law unless notification was given at the time of recording.
Please use plain text.