Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Any Facebook plug-in to Nokia Share Online exc...

Counsellor
pabilaner

Any Facebook plug-in to Nokia Share Online except furtiv?

Hello. Recently, I wanted to upload some photos to Facebook using my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Navigation edition when I found furtiv from the Ovi Store. But the trial version is just limited to 5 uploads and then I must buy the PRO version. I have already used all of the 5 uploads. That's why I have to buy the PRO version. But buying items from the Store is not yet available for my country. I don't want to use Mobipicture.com because it is so publicitised and I don't trust them so much.

Any help would be so much appreciated. :-)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Re: Any Facebook plug-in to Nokia Share Online except furtiv?

Try Pixelpipe

Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

Yeah i'm using pixelpipe and its preety good.
Please use plain text.
Sage
shoubhik

pixelpipe is good.., u can upload fotos directly via mobile upload on mobile facebook.. Furtiv was free.. Donno why they started charging..:smileysad:
Regards,
Dr. Shoubhik
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

You can also upload pictures with the Facebook app, and Check in on the New Ovi Maps 3.06 from beta labs !

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pabilaner

But is there any way, I mean by using Share Online so that I can upload my images in 1 click?
Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

Download pixelpipe widget from ovi store, it'll automatically configure your share online app after you sign up for pixelpipe. You may delete the widget later if you don't want to keep it. However by keeping it it'll be easy for you to add pipes later. You can also add pipes(destinations to upload the media) from web version of pixelpipe
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pabilaner

Do you mean it save the .php file automatically to Share Online when I register? Thanks for the help. I'll try now.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pabilaner

Oh my gosh why ain't my photos being uploaded to Facebook immediately? But when I use the Pixelpipe app. Itself it uploads my images to fb ryt away. Why is it? I'm wondering of where are my photos being delivered. And i'm so an0yeD of when i click upload 2 web fr0m d cmera, and pp is d dfault, it stil asks of where pipe do i want it 2 be dliverd. It cnt be eDiteD. Not that practical. By the way thanks for the help. Is there any other furtiv like freE plug ins?
Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

Yeah. When you open pixelpipe, to configure your share online it opens web browser and downloads and saves the configuration file to share online. It also gives you option to download manual configuration file that is saved to downloads folder in memory, which on opening again gets moved to share online. In either case you just need to go to share online app and click on the pixelpipe file and rest of the process takes place automatically. At the end of operation you will see a pixelpipe logo with your email address written underneath it.(for that to happen i hope you've already signed up for pixelpipe). If you click on it, it'll show you default pipes as well as pipes you've added. You can choose any to upload media to particular location.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

I think you didn't get the way it works. To upload a photo, open share online app and you can choose the pipe where you want to upload a particular photo. Don't set fb or for that matter any other pipes as default pipe.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

Sorry, didn't read your question properly. If you want photos to be directly uploaded to fb, make it default pipe from settings .
Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

I just checked it. My default pipe is picasa. I took a pic with my camera, clicked upload to web(web sign). Checked the share online app, it showed the pic with uploading written underneath it. Opened my browser and checked picasa, the photo showed up immediately at the target album i've set in picasa. It should work the same way in facebook. Dunno what's wrong in your case. Hope you've set everything correctly.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pabilaner

I mean when I click d upload to web from the camera, it asks me of whch pipe do i want it 2 be uploaded. How do i set it 2 fb only?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Assuming you have the latest pixelpipe 1.03 beta (newer than the one at Ovi) you can go into settings> advanced and set to upload direct from camera and in 'edit my pipes' simply check Facebook and it will happen automatically !

Download from here and install via computer !

http://is.gd/ill5k

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pabilaner

oh my gosh i found it out of how will i set fb of pixelpipe as default! menu>web>share online>highlight pixelpipe> options>set as default> select facebook. thanks for all your help! :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy: furtiv sucks! they're so selfish!

Please use plain text.
garski

yeah thats true. Furtiv suddenly make it a paid version, sadly they did that without looking for other alternatives to pay for it. Rather than only accept payment thru OVI. OVI is currently available on specific countries. And not supported on our country
Please use plain text.