Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Any other way to preserve album cover other than t...

Advisor

Any other way to preserve album cover other than transferrng using Nokia Music Manager?

Almost all my songs have a album cover imbedded and I want to have it show up in my phone music player when I transfer it over. So far I've tried drag and drop using memory card reader and it doesn't work. Transfer using Nokia Music Manager works, but it takes ages... Is there any other alternative?
Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: Any other way to preserve album cover other than transferrng using Nokia Music Manager?

what phone are you using?

You could try WMP11 and phone in media player/media tranfer mode.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
roberth

Re: Any other way to preserve album cover other than transferrng using Nokia Music Manager?

i usually use "media monkey" to add art as well as reserve the art when transferring
give it a try.......
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
uridium

Media Monkey and WMP11 will both screw up your embedded album art tags if you allow them to transcode to a lower bitrate during transfer. Go into the sync settings on these apps and tell them not to transcode and Album art will be retained.
E71
FW: 30 somefing
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

uridium is right.

OR

Just drag and drop the MP3, WMA or M4A files to your memory card or mass memory instead of converting them.

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Actually, as long as I sort the music files first by artist and then by albums, the album art will show up nicely even they are transferred by memory card reader.
Please use plain text.