Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Beeping Phone

Beeping Phone

In the beginning of January I upgraded my phone and I received the Nokia 8500 Music Xpress. I only have one problem, when I receive a call this phone keeps on beeping continuously while I am talking to someone and I can not hear what the person is saying to me. Could anyone please help me to fix this problem.
Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: Beeping Phone

two possibles. 1 you are gripping the camera key. 2 proximity sensor isn't working and so screen is still activated against your face.

does phoned beep if you are using headset?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have the same problem,when making calls i hear very loud beeping.I can't hear the people talking when the call connects,i can't hear the ring tone above the loud beeping sound.

Turned my phone off yesterday for 15 minutes so far today its ok,i did notice i seem to have a diffrent screen when the beeping happens to the screen i have when it works ok.Not sure if i am trying to make a video call by mistake when the problem occurs.I have only had the phone 1 week so still getting used to it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Well just checked out the video call theroy not that,tried putting my finger on the camera button when making a call that did not make the beeping sound happen either.So maybe i am lucky and switching the phone off solved the problem.
Please use plain text.

Hi :smileyvery-happy:

I also switched my phone of and took out the batery for a minut or so, and now it is working again without the beeping in my ear.

thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.