Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Belle - A big step backwards.

Advisor
pgidia

Notification Bar is copy of Andoid phones why Nokia copying them when it has its own features Belle is worst experience for Nokia User
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shaqiulle

I agree. Belle comes off as a cheap knockoff of Android OS. Android itself comes across an immature platform - whatever my preference be, if I want an android phone, I will get an android phone - but I did not buy android because I don't want android - I wanted something more mature - like Nokia Anna - and guess what somebody at Nokia decided to do - a cheap knockoff of android - life does come full circle - doesn't it !

Please use plain text.
sriashok

I agree Belle is really worst with all the real useful features missing the os is laggy and bulk of no use.I think Nokia is really killing symbian wantedly .
They are mad of windows os which is a nightmare to every mobile user.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pgidia

Belle is the worst experience for User, They not even hearing to incorporate features which are basic and neede.

God knows what happen to Nokia User Friendliness feature it has almost disappereaded.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

I'm happy with my 701 with its cool looks, 36 apps multitasking, better battery backup, HD gaming, enough apps, better display, build quality etc..... What is left? There are many happy users than some sad users like you.

You have choices, choose them, instead of making unwanted experience suggestions.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AUTxRemoteC

[ Edited ]

@

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Agreed.
Of course I haven't used anna.
But Belle is definitely not the worst experience for User.
Hope that next update brings
new Nokia belle=anna+belle.
:smileyhappy:

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ff_145

belle update

after update my c7 to belle it is not plying flv videoes and nt supporton the go usb support

Please use plain text.
kiznblackbox

what a wonder.. nokia does.. it says symbian belle is more better than anna os but after updating u will come to know the truth now i m suffering a lot with belle and looking to go back for sumbian anna. because there  r lot of problems like there is no 

1. Flash player (but earlier version of symbian anna os has flash player).

2. proper menu (i dont know wat they r trying to do because earlier anna os has better menu like seperate folder for apps, games, maps, etc)

the only good thing in symbian belle is 

1. Home screen (yes execpt home screen there is no use of belle as u can read the drawbacks above)

home screen has 7 different screens and sliding bar which shows all the notifications.

these people ruins everything as they try to put something new they spoil whole thing...

i always recommend anna os..

Please use plain text.
kiznblackbox

come on man there is no flash player where as it is present in earlier anna os ..... ???

Please use plain text.
kiznblackbox

and there is no flash player ????????????????????

Please use plain text.
Contributor
asm21m

Yes I am too facing many issues with belle update on my N8

1) Battery drains at much faster speed

2) Blurrness introduced in the quality while viewing videos, images..(even the same videos which were running fine on Anna)

3) The 'Normal' font size is too small including the icons for the shortcuts

4) conference call feature is vanished..

Though I agree the OS speed has become faster than Anna, above features matter more for me than the OS speed..

Please can Nokia team let us know how to go back to Anna,

Please use plain text.
johen

Belle is a future, but I liked so much the past
I totally agree with you guys
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
avalx

shaqiulle wrote:

Nokia Belle is a big a step backwards.

2. No way for user to kill background tasks. (App stop is not available for belle)

I'm using App Stop (1.20.0) every day without problems :smileyhappy:

But I do agree with others in this thread that Belle is not what I expected. Usually Nokia updates for OS (Symbian) for me was like 5 steps forward and 2 steps backward. But with Belle it looks more like 1 step forward (UI is indeed much more responsive) and N steps backwards :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pgidia

Belle has spoiled the entire usage of phone really feeling for the day when i updated shud have been more happier if had waited bit longer
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pauli_p

[ Edited ]

Belle is a big step over Anna in many areas that there is no way I would downgrade to Anna. Pulldown bar itself is a killer feature and more slimmer statusbar and those Anna's useless and space consuming soft buttons in the main view are gone which is very good. Also the wigets look more like they are from 2010-era instead of 2000 which is also very good. Default browser is also very usable now and no need to use Opera or any third party browsers anymore. Camera controls are improved and the soft key image snapper is a welcomed addition. Only negative thing to say I have is the calendar widget which has gone for worse being a one liner only and can't be expanded.

Moderators note: Offensive tone has been removed. Please do not insult other users on the board. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pgidia

Pulldown bar a mere copy of Android Phone feature :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
Jaff0

I'd heard there were issues with DAB app and Belle, but after following a link from another thread, to the official Belle FAQ page on Nokia's website, it says:-

"After the update to Nokia Belle, the Nokia DAB radio application is lost. What should I do?

The DAB app is unfortunately not available for Nokia Belle."

Which tells me all I need to know - along with all the other reasons for not going to Belle - people like my who've bought Nokia's DAB headset for the N8, and then read this in the Belle FAQ, that's a decidedly funny (well unfunny, really) thing for Nokia to write in their official FAQ.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
secarica

4) conference call feature is vanished..

That's strange, because the user manual still mention the conference feature. I am no longer on Belle, but I read here http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/apac/phones/guides/Nokia_N8-00_Nokia_Belle_UG_en.pdf

Cristi

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

Some people mention font size problem and folder problems in Belle...well try  Font Magnifier or Font Zoomer Lite and Thumbnails Folder.

My folders in the meny attached here.

Belle is a huge leap forward concerning email client and multitasking for instance.Stability and speed has improvad and never again any problems with lack of memory (so far)

For my Nokia 701 I now use the embedded web browser as much as Opera now...

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.