Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Belle update for South Africa N8 code 059D2N9

Counsellor
Analyst
Accepted Solution

Belle update for South Africa N8 code 059D2N9

Does anyone know when Belle update for South Africa N8 code 059D2N9 will be available? Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi,

Please refer to the following thread:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-Belle-roll-out-has-started-check-here-...

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fedup_za

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Analyst

Thank you Raoul.

Thank you fedup.

Raoul, the availability page in the thread you referred me to is a good idea. However, the page looks more like a photograph rather than a website. It still sports the famous 7th of February date. Could you please talk to the guys at nokia to at least keep updating its date? That will give some of us hope of progress. I guess they would read your mail faster than ours.

Fedup, the page you referred us to is both encouraging and disheartening. With all the "**bleep**" nokia is already giving us, vodacom has decided to join in? WOW!!! N8 is my first nokia smartphone, after using their various S40 devices since 2001. I have always found their devices to be better than the rest. N8 is also in that class, and belle is supposed to make sure it remains in competition for the next year or two. That, for me (and vodacom SA subscribers), is just a theory - since the experience is so far being denied by nokia and  vodacom. Look at the availability page nokia has created. Everybody in Africa has belle, except South Africa! Why all the segregation? Are we still paying for the sins of our past history? 

Nokia (and vodacom), please pull up your socks. Some of us are not intending to jump ship and we dont appreciate all this pushing.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

@Analyst

Good to see a fellow South African here once again.

I'm with MTN (0599399) I got the update on the 7th, so it's out for South Africa. Though my Product Code didn't show up on that list. How is that possible?

Anyway, it is frustrating, I know. Just keep on calling the guys from Voda, they'll come around eventually..

Hang in there.....

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Analyst

So now its nokia and voda!!!

I think i'm gonna jump the voda ship much much faster than the nokia one. I actually dont intend jumping on nokia, but i'm being pushed. And not liking it one bit!! :smileymad:

Bye-bye voda. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Ameerudeen

Belle update for South Africa N8 code 0599399 installation problem

I tried updating the software on my N8 (0599399) mtn, it downloads the whole 300mb update file, does the backup, then just hangs in the installation step!!! tried it 5 or 6 times and it still does the same thing, even re-downloaded the 300mb file… but still no luck!!! Any 1 got any idea whats wrong? if its just my phone or if its the “still waiting for approval” thats causing it? Please this loyal Nokia Fan...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
j_peso

Re: Belle update for South Africa N8 code 0599399 installation problem

I also have the same problem....i'm on MTN in south africa. I downloaded the 300mb file and after my contents were backed up, i got an error msg to say that something went wrong.

Now it's attempting to restart my phone with the warning that i shouldn't touch it even if prompted to key in security code.

It's pretty much been on that same page fo 10mins now. Arrg, i'm very frustrated!

i don't know what to do, i obviously can't leave my phone in this state forever since i need to use it but at the same time worried that if i interrupt the process then i might brick the phone or something.

Please use plain text.
Ameerudeen

Re: Belle update for South Africa N8 code 0599399 installation problem

Just go to file - Exit, then you shoulndt brick yr phone. My phone was even doing that at first, because the backup did not want to backup the ''úsage tracker'' file, so i lended up factory reseting my phone in order to get rid of the usage tracker, which was the only way since that file is a read only file and refused to be moved or deleted. After all that work my N8 still refuses to go past the installation step (step 3), although it longer gives a problem backing up, because the ''Usage tracker'' file is no longer there....

But please be warned, if you do factory reset your phone you will loose EVERYTHING so back up phone numbers, messages, and most importantly your photos and video. You cant do anything about lost apps, they cant be backed up.

Try it if you want to, but like I said earlier, my N8 still does not go past the installation step(there is absolutely no progress in this step, it just hangs)...Then i lend up exiting...Maybe Raul can help us!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shikarseetahal

Hi my product code is 059D2N9 i have an n8 and live in south Africa... This is getting ridiculous now! The update has Been out for more than a week and still Nothing What so ever for my product code! Nokia's service is Very poor... Not one person has replied to any of my queries in any of These discussions... Pull up your socks. This is meant to be your jobs. Do them correctly!
Please use plain text.
Ameerudeen

You know it just makes me crazy the way they making us wait….Nokia SA has got to wake up and if it’s the networks then Nokia Needs to put Them right….Nokia as it is is having such a hard time with regard to sales and market share, after that stupid blackberrys stole the market, Dont they realise they gotta keep the few remaining loyal Nokia Fans Happy!!! After all SA is the SuperPower of Africa yet everybody else got it, including Slums like the DRC!!!

Please use plain text.
Holluwatomesin

[ Edited ]

Guys is there no other way to opt out of this horrible product code (059D2N9)? 

Anyone with usefull info, please update me..

Moderator's note: Post edited because it contained information about unofficial ways to modify the device software. Doing so might void the warranty of the device, and possibly damage it. Therefore it is not allowed to discuss about unofficial update methods on Nokia Discussions forum.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lyle_R

More guys from SA. The problem is you got the phone from Vodacom. Their phone are branded, you will have to wait for them to approve the OS, like what they did with Anna. And trust me, Belle needs to have alot of stufd fixed first so you lucky. I'm suffering with it now
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Analyst

It came yesterday. Now updated and testing. Will give an approval soon:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

So Voda released it. Good to hear. Let us know how you find it.

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Holluwatomesin

will update mine on Monday.. So guys How do you find the Vodacom "modified" update of Belle? Because i know those guys are doing some experiment with it that's why they delayed us.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Analyst

What exactly did they "modify"? It would be helpful to know, for comparison with the "unmodified" belle....!

Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

I'm getting mine Belle-updated from Voda on Monday -- finally. It was not a network branded phone, so wondering what, how it will be different from how it would have been had I updated it at home.
6210, 6310i, N70, E90, N8
I've seen* the iPhone4/4S, iPad2, Moto RAZR and SIII for a few minutes - all very good. Lumia 820 (WP8) is a fantastic piece of work.

Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. RIP, giant.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

No difference, had a friend who did that as well..

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.